Sense of humour failure at VOSA  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Mar 31st, 2008 06:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Could even run on Chicken Sh*t now, coz fuel type Not printed! Lol, Or Maybe Thats Gas? Lol.:D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Mar 31st, 2008 05:39 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
thats down to "manufacturer recommendations"nothing do do with "GOD"...( as regards the van fault)...

Last edited on Mon Mar 31st, 2008 05:42 am by big..E.

Posted: Mon Mar 31st, 2008 05:31 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
tell me about it,ivecos+transits dont exist to a large extent according to that retarded bunch of transistors.astras+zafiras give it fits as well,have lost count of the amount of them where you put in the correct year only to be told that the diesel your testing is lpg(and in one case steam powered!)computer now tells you(when trying to correct type etc)that no information is currently available for these and to enter whats already there so we aint the only ones having problems.p.s,have you noticed that lt35+merc sprinter(same bloody van)have different jacking instructions?its ok for merc balljoints to flap around in the breeze but vw lt35 shud fail?

Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
i recently had a motorhome in for test from a local motorhome dealer , tried to register it for test & it came up as not found , entered the full vin & it still came up as not found .

had a rake about in the cab & found some paperwork for the vehicle , then i found the problem , they had made & fitted nice new number plates T199 *** , the reg was supposed to be T119 *** :D

apparently the lad who made the number plates was on the last day of his notice of working for them , coincidence ??

Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
VSI please dont get me started:X:X i do classes 5l and 7 most dont exist iveco's total pain in the bahookie most models are not listed on the damn system ...system saying van when its a pick up and vice versa :?:? does not list 3 door crewcabs..minibuses are MPV's..motorhomes that are vans:?:?also do a lot of white fleet so that puts my vin//chassis mismatch record up a fair bit and i get stars:Xhad numerous vehicles in where the last six digits have been incorrectly been registerd at dvla had one today where some clown had mistaken a "2" for a "z" so had to put full details in manually:Xetc..etc...etc..

Posted: Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Spongebob

Mana: 
I've had a couple of responses in the past. Admittedly usually along the lines of bog off and go bother someone else with your trivial problems but a couple of weeks ago I sent off a message about VSI for a passat I was trying to log.

The car was 2003 or 2004 registered and the only options it gave were either automatic or 4wd whereas what I was testing was definitely neither. I abandoned the VSI search and printed the VT40 only to get a full set of VSI data for something(obviously someone had logged it as something the year before) so I enquired about it and sent it to area, service desk and testing technical support. One of them sent me a reply asking for more information as I seem to have confused them a bit because I also pointed out that a 2.0 fsi engine is petrol not diesel and the 1.9 sdi is diesel not petrol.

There was a name at the top of the message but obviously I have no way of contacting a specific person nor do I know which of the 3 departments they were from (though I suspect technical) I was wondering if they at their end get messages via email which gives a return address like a real computer rather than the Mickey mouse setup we have to suffer with. I declined to offer any further information because of this deficiency and view the whole VSI thing as merely unnecessary garnish to the system (well they've got to show something for all that time and money spent).

Perhaps starting a VSI issues thread might be useful and if any come up time and time again they might get to find out.

Last edited on Sun Mar 30th, 2008 04:17 am by Spongebob

Posted: Sat Mar 8th, 2008 10:36 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
You dont have to test, thats your choice.

Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2008 09:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
talk about using a sledge hammer to crack a nut:shock:

Posted: Sun Jan 6th, 2008 12:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
911mot

Mana: 
Well I've just recieved a letter from VOSA and it doesn't look good.

"This letter is a FORMAL WARNING letter and will be taken into consideration should there again be a need to review your approval as a tester within 5 years from the date of this letter. You should therefore regard this letter as a FINAL WARNING which carries 30 Disciplinary Points.

Aint that just great?

As I understand the letter I cannot appeal against this, but I can write and request a review if I feel the Formal Warning is unjustified or the points excessive (which I do).

If I dont request a review I have to write a letter explaining I understand the GRAVITY with which VOSA views these events and that all necessary steps will be taken to ensure compliance with the regulations and instructions issued by VOSA

This bit cracks me up - "The messaging sytem is an important tool within MOT computerisation and all messages recieved by this office are responded to within a reasonable time"

and all because I said  "pissing in the wind"

Careful how you go guys.....

Posted: Thu Dec 27th, 2007 06:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
:D:Dgot wished a merry xmas the other day and local gvts opening hours:D:D

wonder how they would like it if i sent a merry xmas and my opening hours to them:D:D:D:D..oh a merry xmas to all peeps on here:P

Posted: Thu Dec 27th, 2007 01:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
actually received a reply to a query i had on the new speed limiter regs they putting in 3/4/7 manual.didnt arrive on the vts tho,they rang my boss up an asked to talk to me.wanted to know what my query concerned.my original message contained section no,page no,paragraph no.....   i know literacy levels are dropping nationally but surely literacy is a job requirement in an administrative position?also why ring my firm chasing me?is vts message function 1 way only?if they dont want it used why provide it in the first place?p.s. this was my first reply of any kind to about half a dozen assorted messages over a two year period.

Posted: Tue Dec 4th, 2007 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
Weetabix wrote: nicknak wrote: Every One???

That's the option I use, too.

The system isn't very user friendly*. So if you have a problem or query, the easiest option seems to be to select them all - in the hope that the person who knows the answer will get back to you...

* The messages are too short to be of any use. There is no help as to what recipient is best suited for a query. Sending messages to, for example, the Service Desk, gets you a snappy response saying "don't phone us, ask VOSA". Sending to Local Office gets a similar response "don't ask us, ask Siemens"...
sorry nik nak its a case of ditto here too getting bounced of one or the other:X

Posted: Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 06:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Ok see what you mean, I would ring the local ve if I needed help.

Posted: Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 06:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Weetabix

Mana: 
nicknak wrote: Every One???

That's the option I use, too.

The system isn't very user friendly*. So if you have a problem or query, the easiest option seems to be to select them all - in the hope that the person who knows the answer will get back to you...

* The messages are too short to be of any use. There is no help as to what recipient is best suited for a query. Sending messages to, for example, the Service Desk, gets you a snappy response saying "don't phone us, ask VOSA". Sending to Local Office gets a similar response "don't ask us, ask Siemens"...

Posted: Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 01:22 am
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Every One???

Posted: Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
nicknak wrote: who did you send it to.

every_one:?

Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2007 02:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
who did you send it to.

Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2007 01:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
aint that just the thing:X i sent them a message that could save hundreds of thousands of pounds in costs last year...as you say the very least they could do is acknowledge you!!!!:X

Posted: Fri Nov 30th, 2007 12:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
911mot

Mana: 
update....

Well I was given the old 'Right to remain silent' interview a few weeks ago.

Wasted 2 hours of my, my bosses and some chap from VOSA's time and money.He was OK though. He wouldn't admit it as such but he agreed the whole thing is a load of nonsense and not worth the effort but rules is rules and it has to be followed up.

It is proposed they give me (and my VE) 30 points for abuse of the messaging system. As per the S/N we had about it

My defence is that as I had had no replies to 4 previous messages, I could fairly assume they weren't being read and therefore what did it matter what was written.

Will let u know what happens

Posted: Wed Nov 28th, 2007 01:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
ditto

Current time is 02:36 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance – Report problems (or solutions) here > Sense of humour failure at VOSA Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1697 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 35 queries executed.