Do cut price test stations have shorter test times?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu May 1st, 2014 02:16 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
My test station focuses primarily on mot's only I have one tester who I keep a close eye on and regularly audit sometimes when he doesn't know it, I also check the stats which don't flag up any anomolies.

You're right though I tend to book in about nine a day which works fine.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 30th, 2014 01:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
There have been many discussions on this topic. The short answer is some do, some don't. There are always going to be bad apples in every type of work, and the MOT trade is no different. Some will be cutting corners to get as many through the doors as possible, some bosses will try to put pressure on the testers, and be told 'no', and yet others are only bowing to commercial pressures in their area to cut the fees but still do the tests to proper standards. The answer I have given on another forum is that I have no control over the price set by my boss, but I have full control over the standard of my testing. With some exceptions I think most testers feel the same way.

Posted: Tue Apr 29th, 2014 11:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
kinda answered your own question there sir

Posted: Tue Apr 29th, 2014 01:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
wiltsmotrelief

Mana: 
Does anyone feel that with the current climate of cut price testing, Some stations who focus primarily on MOTs as a source of income are trying to cram too many test slots into a day to keep the money rolling in? If so how do you feel this affects MOT standards?. Do NTs feel under pressure to keep the boss happy with faster than average test times whilst also fearing VOSA will act on there low times?
Having worked in very fast paced MOT centres I am interested to hear other peoples feelings on this topic.

Last edited on Tue Apr 29th, 2014 01:17 am by wiltsmotrelief

Current time is 06:54 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Fees > Do cut price test stations have shorter test times? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0873 seconds (10% database + 90% PHP). 27 queries executed.