Mondeo mk3 - any known points?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Mar 15th, 2016 08:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Spunkymonkey

Mana: 
Yep, just discovered the handbrake :D

New pads on the weekend (yes, I did line the pistons up) and there's a definite bind on the n/s which releases if I manually pull the calliper lever back.  Seems to release ok with the cable disconnected but the cable doesn't feel all that tight.

I just love getting to know new cars and their special ways!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 5th, 2016 04:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
handbrake and the calipers/cables thereof,front rollbar links,rear lower suspension arms seize internally and give you a creaking over bumps(same as the jags)rear wheel bearings are also a perennial favourite

Posted: Thu Mar 3rd, 2016 04:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Spunkymonkey

Mana: 
Thanks for that, Kit.  As far as I could tell lying on my back on Sunday, the pipes etc are all good and overall it seems to be pretty rot free. 

On the other hand, gave up trying to separate that damn bottom ball joint (everything undid fine, just could NOT get the joint out) so handed it to my local this morning to finish off the grumbling-bearing change on the drive shaft, which was the other planned job for last weekend  :D

Last edited on Thu Mar 3rd, 2016 04:10 pm by Spunkymonkey

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 04:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Got to be careful with the rear brake pipes over the rear subframe, I have had them burst while on the rollers, & the rear suspension arms rot though where spring sits. Front springs break & watch out for rot, as a general thing they are often a bit better than the hatchback.
Good luck

Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2016 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Spunkymonkey

Mana: 
Pretty much as the thread title really.

Just picked up a Mk 3 Mundano estate (2.0 petrol) for my better half and wondering if there are any known issues to watch out for?

I'm aware of the swirl flaps, which seem to have been done (it has reached 145k without exploding and doesn't rattle), and the rear subframe bushes which appear to be ok at the moment (although rear shocks need changing - that's tomorrows job).  I've also noticed a couple of comments on here about brake lines round the tank area.  Can't see any problems but that looks like part of the problem - that they're not easily visible.

So, is there anything else I should be looking for?  MOT is a healthy 7 months away but I'd rather be finding things now than last minute!

Current time is 01:09 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pre-MOT Checks – What does my car typically fail on? > Mondeo mk3 - any known points? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0935 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 27 queries executed.