board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

MOT Sales

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
'vehicle specific information'  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Mar 24th, 2017 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Paul S

Mana: 

For any old folk that may have a phobia I quote 'As of Monday there will be a blue box on the screen with all the vehicle details, this will show things like EPB procedures and the likes and can be clicked or ignored, it will not be available for all vehicles at first and will be rolled out over time for all makes and models. Dunno if it will be printable or not but probably will.'
british summertime Wednesday, 21 June, hoping Vehicle technical data gets up & running and 4-1-1 gets thrown out :)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Nov 23rd, 2016 06:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
DVSA testers to complete the survey with their honest thoughts.
So - Please take 10 minutes to click on the link and add your thoughts - IT IS IMPORTANT
We’ve received lots of feedback about making technical information about specific vehicles available on the MOT testing service. We’ve already done some work to investigate how we can introduce this service but would like to hear more from you about using technical data so that we can make it as useful to you as possible.

How can you help

If you are a TESTER or this is one of your roles or you’re in the process of becoming one, you can help by completing this survey (it should take about 10 minutes) http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/EI8K6

Thank you

Source: VTS Council members email

Posted: Fri Nov 11th, 2016 09:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Vehicle technical data :)

Posted: Fri Nov 11th, 2016 09:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
It wont be called vehicle technical information.

Posted: Fri Nov 11th, 2016 08:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
bimmer wrote:
And it will have a new name.
:)

Anyone got any thoughts on...
'One of the other useful pieces of feedback we’ve had is that it would be helpful to let testers add technical information that they know. We’ll need to give this some thought to determine how this could work, but the principle sounds great, and it’s something we’ll look into'.

... maybe testers tech could be a stand alone resource along side 'vehicle technical information'?

Posted: Thu Nov 10th, 2016 08:50 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
And it will have a new name.

Posted: Wed Nov 9th, 2016 01:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
From DVSA

Making vehicle technical information available

https://mattersoftesting.blog.gov.uk/making-vehicle-technical-information-available/

Posted: Sat Oct 15th, 2016 10:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
then spread em out....

Posted: Thu Oct 13th, 2016 11:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
One of my mates who works in a wee independant has been told if he wants to continue being a tester he will have to pay himself to take mot tester training.ive told him to look elsewhere for a job .he tells me the owner is struggling to pay for all five testers training at the same time every year.

Posted: Sat Oct 8th, 2016 12:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
Déjà vu

Posted: Sat Oct 8th, 2016 11:14 am
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
In reference to the next VTS Council Meet in November;
Copied from http://mtaeta.info/
baz657
Administrator

No agenda released yet but I have asked for the following to be included....

Son of VSI (VSI Mk 2)
brake testing weights on the system
and
annual training, particularly the dodgy questions with incorrect answers and the dodgy training firms trying to get VTS's to part with their money.

Posted: Tue Sep 6th, 2016 09:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
In the 1950s, the large number of poorly maintained vehicles on public roads led to increased pressure for an compulsory system to periodically inspect all vehicles. The Road Traffic Act 1956 gave the then Minister of Transport, Ernest Marples, the power to set up just a system. On 12 September 1960b the inaugural annual Ministry of Transport (MOT) test for cars, motorcycles and light commercial vehicles took place.

Thank You 'Castrol Rob', you ain't a miserable old git, jolly good show

Posted: Mon Sep 5th, 2016 11:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
not sure about the old chap bit,more like a miserable old git but I appreciate the credit all the same.back to the case in point-I(amongst others) expressed concerns about the below on comp 2 startup,we are over a year in now and they are considering it"an area of potential improvement"give us mcvities not excuses....

Posted: Sun Sep 4th, 2016 03:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
What if they applied the Vehicle recall info onto our vehicle inspection sheets? And i quote an old chap...

'believe it or not its what we were promised in order to sell us comp1,after it came online a decade overdue we then found that the only recall information we got was a petrol/fire warning on mini+peugeot(at least that's the only ones I ever saw)so given we were promised this mid 90s onwards and still don't have it you may be able to work our chances of it arriving now quite easily.the formula is expense x inertia - intelligence quotient of transport dept x 70% of jack sh1t......'

And i quote the Ed. of MOT TESTING & this forum...c/o DVSA
"On 'Vehicle specific information' this is an area of potential improvement that we will be starting to look at over the summer - initially to make sure we fully understand the user need and then determining how best we may meet that."

A good result then, they've pledged to do better and will soon be looking at the VSI issue.Ed.
I understand the need for a 'new MOT security card' for reason of broadband connection and our operating systems...but moving on THE END USER NEEDS VSI and I do hope this security number replaces the need for us to type in a PIN no for... 'I confirm that this MOT transaction has been conducted in accordance with the conditions of authorisation which includes compliance with the MOT testing guide, the requirements for authorisation, the appropriate MOT Inspection Manual and any other instructions issued by DVSA'.

...Testing at work with the formula jack sh1t......

Posted: Thu Aug 4th, 2016 12:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the mot trade didn't tell them that,i didn't,no one I know did and im damn sure you didn't.they asked 4 main dealers and that's about it.what the trade DID tell them was the information being given was badly incorrect in a lot of cases and could they do summat about that by correcting/expanding it.i personally sent over 30 emails pointing out the above and quoting specific faults/inaccuaracies on comp one,the replys to which boiled down to f*** off and get on with it.

Posted: Tue Aug 2nd, 2016 09:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Give us a 'HALFWAY advisory notice' option and a check facility.
British summer time ends 30 October, if we do not get by then least let as create it ourselves as in a tester copy's & pastes the routine THEY USED FOR testing the epb into 'HALFWAY notice' facility...if the next year that testers got something to add to the notice 'that's recurring then let it be'. We are all signing that the MOT been test tested in accordance with DVSA...
Other VSI
Other VSI isn’t shown in the service. This is because the MOT trade told the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA):

they didn’t use it
it wasn’t reliable
they preferred to use other data services
Instead, NTs should refer to manufacturer or other reliable data if information is required on things like:

anti-lock braking systems
electronic parking brake systems

Posted: Thu Jun 2nd, 2016 06:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
'aylesburyjock' quote: I would disagree with having the previous advisories available. We are doing the test for now and should be doing our own advisories. Seeing previous notes is directing your attention, and said notes are irrelevant for the test you are carrying out.
'castrolrob' quote: suit yourself,i use em for the obvious commercial/qc considerations anyway and anything that gives me a heads up I will accept with gratitude.its a good learning tool for how long some things hang on for as well,gives a better picture of what minimum levels actually are.
'aylesburyjock' quote: All very true.

Posted: Sat May 21st, 2016 11:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
'Check the MOT history of a vehicle' punch in reg & make...what if DVSA linked this with the Vehicle inspection sheet & we get previous Advisory notice item(s) on the printout. Give us a 'HALFWAY advisory notice' option and a check facility so we can check off (ie sill covers, undertrays & engine covers etc) & print that on the inspection sheet. Its all vsi

'ivor' quote: Links provided by manufactures giving information about "oddities" ie sprinter ball joints.
'mike617' quote: Citroen hydraulic suspension.Audi .Bmw. Merc. etc air suspension

Posted: Wed May 18th, 2016 01:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
Paul S wrote:
'castrolrob' quote: brake instructions would be nice,accurate jacking data would also be helpful,correct brake weights should have been a given from the off,cat/dpf information could be occasionally useful,cat c/d marker could be helpful for the punters who may not be aware that its such,engine code for the vehicle on vsi could also be useful.jolly decent of you to credit me old chap.

Posted: Tue May 17th, 2016 09:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
'castrolrob' quote: brake instructions would be nice,accurate jacking data would also be helpful,correct brake weights should have been a given from the off,cat/dpf information could be occasionally useful,cat c/d marker could be helpful for the punters who may not be aware that its such,engine code for the vehicle on vsi could also be useful.

Current time is 01:08 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here > 'vehicle specific information' Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1293 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 29 queries executed.