New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Are the indicators on this headlamp illegal?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jun 11th, 2017 09:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
iamguinnessman

Mana: 
The precise position and angle of visibility of direction indicators are not part of this inspection, but they must be on each side of the longitudinal axis of a solo machine. If a side car is attached, the indicators must be on opposite sides of the combination.

This is taken from the inspection manual so hope this helps. I would have no issue passing these indicators incorporated in the headlight as long as they didn't affect the headlight or flash more 120 per min

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Apr 6th, 2017 10:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Sidders

Mana: 
Hi guys, long time reader first time poster... I posted on a bike forum asking about these lights and one member came back and said the indicators are highly illegal in the UK.

However i checked the legislation and it states that the distance needed between the headlight bulb and the indicator must be 100mm? i dont know if ive read this wrong but it was on the .gov website. i also assumed if they were right surely Audi headlight indicators are illegal?

I thought i would ask some people with actual knowledge on the subject...

Thanks guys

the lights are these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331962801210?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 06:43 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Bike Testing – Ask bike Testers about bike Testing > Are the indicators on this headlamp illegal? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0872 seconds (11% database + 89% PHP). 28 queries executed.