New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Richard Oliver - Gas Test 5000  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 23rd, 2013 03:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
iain2152

Mana: 
tried the number for autocal 01162862444 but it is disconected will try and email them ,but i am in scotland so they might not have an agent up here

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Mar 23rd, 2013 01:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Blockhead

Mana: 
It was Autocal who sorted mine for me, office is in Leicestershire but I'm miles away and had no issues getting a chap out.

Officially I doubt they'll want to do it because they'd be losing out on money every 6 months but the chap I had out was sub contracted by them and happy to do it for me.

Posted: Sat Mar 23rd, 2013 12:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
iain2152

Mana: 
i have got a phone number for Autocal ltd so will phone them and see if they have an agent near to me to change the calibration ,just needing it for home use anyway will keep everyone posted on how i get on

Posted: Sat Mar 23rd, 2013 08:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Blockhead

Mana: 
I never found a way to bypass it easily so had somebody out to calibrate it, he was good enough to change the 'Calibration due date' from 6 months to the maximum which I believe was 15 years.

Still going strong now although obviously if they haven't been tested they may be reading slightly wrong. Was well worth a one off calibration fee in my opinion.

Might be of some help to you?

Posted: Tue Mar 19th, 2013 02:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
iain2152

Mana: 
i too have one of these machines last calibrated in 2003 and have been unable to find any imfo as to unlock it,not being used for mot so i supose they are scrap now:(

Posted: Sat Feb 6th, 2010 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Blockhead

Mana: 
I've recently aquired a perfect working order (according to self tests) Richard Oliver Gas Test 5000 Exhaust emissions analyser.

I don't do MOTs only general servicing work but the unit has the usual 'Out of Cal' lock-out.

Is there any way to manually reset it or aquire relevant software because it will be accurate enough as it is for my purposes.

Failing that, who's cheap in Suffolk area for calbration of equipment?

Many Thanks.

Current time is 07:35 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Richard Oliver - Gas Test 5000 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems