BMW CO test  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2011 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Good tip Kev, we finaly got out 2010 update for the combined ega/dsm, so I guess that the new data would be on that now. We had a newish bmw before the update, the ega said "fail" but we applyed the limit in the emmision book :D and that said PASS :D

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Apr 23rd, 2011 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
silverfox wrote: Anyone done a CO test on one of the new shape BMWs 57 plate E90 325i with the new type engine. when you stick the probe first in the exhaust pipe at the start of the test, the engine runs so clean the gas machine wont even recognize its in so wont proceed with the test. cant be the machine as we tested another car straight away and it worked fine   

Hi, This can be because the engine has gone into lean burn mode.

We do MOTs for a local BMW dealer.

The fix is to re start the car and do the ems test without driving it, that way it wont go into lean burn mode.

Kev

Posted: Thu Sep 2nd, 2010 08:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Wes, to lazy to trawl all SN,s wot no. was it?

Cheers 

Posted: Wed Sep 1st, 2010 12:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote: With diesels that wont give a reading I have read that it is ok to make a note of details, so I p&a, date  milage etc on a vt 32, weather that ok with petrols is a question for the lords & masters at vosa.

regarding the diesels,

I trawlwed the SN`s, found the relevant paperwork, cut and pasted it into a "word" document, had it laminated and hung it on the NT`s noticeboard.;)

Posted: Mon Aug 30th, 2010 10:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
With diesels that wont give a reading I have read that it is ok to make a note of details, so I p&a, date  milage etc on a vt 32, weather that ok with petrols is a question for the lords & masters at vosa.

Posted: Mon Aug 30th, 2010 01:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
shpauly

Mana: 
rocky69 wrote: This has been discussed at lengh in the past, use the serch function. Just write on the vt40 what happened, and keep the blank print out if it will give one. The lates problem with the BMW is that it will not allow you to rev it up stationary for the test withoput overiding the ecu with the lap top. That will be interesting.

not had that on any petrol cars,just diesels with dpf filters

Posted: Sun Aug 29th, 2010 01:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
rocky69

Mana: 
This has been discussed at lengh in the past, use the serch function. Just write on the vt40 what happened, and keep the blank print out if it will give one. The lates problem with the BMW is that it will not allow you to rev it up stationary for the test withoput overiding the ecu with the lap top. That will be interesting.

Posted: Sat Aug 28th, 2010 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
silverfox

Mana: 
Anyone done a CO test on one of the new shape BMWs 57 plate E90 325i with the new type engine. when you stick the probe first in the exhaust pipe at the start of the test, the engine runs so clean the gas machine wont even recognize its in so wont proceed with the test. cant be the machine as we tested another car straight away and it worked fine   

Current time is 08:06 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > BMW CO test Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems