board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Website

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Printer Friendly
The wire brush  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 07:36 pm

41st Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
getting a fair few from one trader with all the pipes covered in grease..i just pass and advise them..boils my pee a wee tad looking forward to one bursting on the brake tester hope that scares him into submission...probally not:X

Posted: Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 04:27 pm

42nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
scraping off the underseal from a repair constitutes"damage to the vehicle"so you are supposed to replace it afterwards along with the protective coating(i.e.grease)that you removed from that rotten brakepipe that they camouflaged with copaslip.mind how you go lads....

Posted: Tue Mar 1st, 2011 09:30 pm

43rd Post
Bright Ideas?

Mana: 
Dam that's a shame, just when I thought that the hammer on the board was a backup for the toffee hammer:D

Is the wire brush not used for scraping off the underseal after leaving the VTS for a welding repair, then one can inspect the quality of repair before passing and advising:D

How do you hang the new digital tyre tread depth gauge on the hooks of the board:D

Posted: Mon Feb 28th, 2011 09:48 pm

44th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
It is used to clean the small hammer that is also on some boards.

Seriously, its not part of official kit, neither is the small hammer if yours has one.

(I dont meann the Corrosion assesment tool there is a  real hammer on our board)

Use it to keep your turn plates clean?

Kev

Posted: Mon Feb 28th, 2011 09:43 pm

45th Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
When I got the mot toolboard, there was and still is a wire brush on it. Any idea what the official use is for it ?

Current time is 08:21 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > The wire brush Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems