Is RBT stupid or am I?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 10:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Sonds like you are doing things right then ;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 10:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
drivewasher

Mana: 
Thanks Kit1958

Yes I select kerbside weight from the drop down box, then insert the vehicle total weight from the rbt printout

Last edited on Sat Jan 7th, 2012 10:06 pm by drivewasher

Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 09:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Don't worry as the atl rbt would issue a fail if it thought that was the right thing.
BTW are you using the presented weight for class 4 as it says in the book ?http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
drivewasher

Mana: 
so the supplier is right, the imbalance IS calculated differently on an ATL RBT

The % printed inbetween the o/s and n/s brake force has no relationship to the printed brake force. (it also does this for the rear service break)

I just enter a fail if the % is more than 25% regardless of the o/s & n/s readings:shock:

Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
the service brake lock up readings may well be different to each other but this has nothing to do with the actual imbalance reading , imbalance is measured when both rollers are running

Posted: Sat Jan 7th, 2012 07:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
drivewasher

Mana: 
Sorry folks in advance. If you wanna bang your head on the desk then thats OK! As I'm still wet behind the ears lol..

It's an Opus EWJ 97065C

We have a brand new ATL bay with an Opus RBT controlled by a pc (Yeh me and pc's I know) I have been useing the RBT in auto mode and entering the results into VTS Device. So as the printed results from the RBT are stated as less trhan 25% on axle 1 I haven't entered the resuls of imbalance as I don't need to as it's a pass.
My attention was drawn to an imbalance figure on the print out ( Can't remember exactly as I'm at home now) of say 18% so it's a pass no need to enter results. BUT I noticed the axle 1 forces on service brake were about 420 n/s and say 300 o/s so a dumbo like me can see thats gonna be about 25%.
So I took the exact forces off the print and calculated H.E. Minus L.E. diveded by H.E. times 100 and the result was well over 25% (28%IIRC) clearly a FAIL
We rang the supplier to tell them that the programme on pc can't add up! They say the results are CORRECT as the pc doesn't calculate the first 40 kgf. the manual says on obsevations ignore this figure also. Supplier says if I use it in auto then I MUST NOT calculate the results of imbalance by hand and just enter it up on VTS Device as a pass if the inbalance on printout is less than 25%
Who is stupid me or the RBT, you can be honest

PS as I work as a lone NT there are no other nt's here to draw info from

Current time is 08:28 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Is RBT stupid or am I? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems