Best Gas tester  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 13th, 2012 11:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Matty Boy Blue

Mana: 
Hi,

Go for a big name brand – one of the older, well known brands. Why? National service coverage - they all claim to offer this but how can a tiny firm with a handful of engineers truly provide effective national service coverage?

But beware, there are a few exceptions to this rule. Before you buy, ask the rep if they appoint independent service agents besides their own staff. If they don’t, steer well clear – all modern equipment is protected by codes which lock the service and calibration functions of the machine. If you’re not a member of their staff or one of their approved independent service agents you won’t be given access to the codes (which roll / change on a daily basis). The complete lack of competition could spell big bills for parts, service and calibration.

Also, ask about service and calibration fees and what sort of contract you’ll be tied into. Don’t be duped into buying a cheap machine from a firm that subsidies their low purchase prices with extortionate service and calibration fees. (This is not fiction – it really does happen.) The firms which tend to do this are the ones that don’t appoint independent service agents (surprise, surprise! – I that a gun I feel being held to my head – and is that your hand I can feel round my bxxxxxxs?)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2012 11:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
markt

Mana: 
hi..
we run the bosch BEA 850 set up and currently has been faultless,also had the same set up at my previous employer for a few years and had no major faults also.

a lot depends on what you class as a major fault as there are a lot of manufacturers out there which will depict on the remedy for the repair.

its a bit like owning a car,you may not use it as lot but may find you need to keep it roadworthy because it stands for quite a bit as its not used:(..its a bit of the old swings and roundabouts saying. if you have a good parts supplier who sells them contact them or another test site you are mates with and what they use..

Posted: Sat Jun 16th, 2012 07:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
george3270

Mana: 
I installed a test station 2 years ago and due to expence of ground works etc I bought a second hand gas tester.
I don't do a lot of tests about 10 a week and I feel the gas tester is unreliable as it has broken down twice in two years(I know this may not sound bad) and I also have trouble with battery on diesel part as well.
So I'm wanting oppions on which gas bench has cost the least hassle (no the cheapest).
I want one I can buy use for 3/4 years trouble free and replace with out any breakdown costs
I don't want any bluetooth stuff I want hard wired equipment(no batteries or connection problems)

Current time is 05:03 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Best Gas tester Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems