New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Safe working height  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Feb 25th, 2013 07:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
elusive

Mana: 
I spoke to my boss this morning and showed him the manual.
It was met with a "hmmmm" and a shrug of the shoulders , I feel this will be an ongoing battle .......

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Feb 25th, 2013 07:26 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
bimmer

Mana: 
here is the page jock was talking about so you can print it out.

http://www.motinfo.gov.uk/htdocs/m4i00000402.htm

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2013 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
elusive

Mana: 
I'll get back and let the forum know how it goes but I'm not expecting any sort of apology etc because they were clearly upset at me standing my ground.

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2013 07:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Let us know how you get on.

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2013 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
elusive

Mana: 
Thanks for the response. I'm going to need more than good luck but at least I know there is something in the manual to back me up.
I'll find it in the morning at work and print it out

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2013 07:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
I think this is the quote from the manual that you need Elusive: In addition to this an NT must decline to test any vehicle that is not of a Class they are authorised to test or it is of such a size, weight or configuration it cannot be properly or safely tested on the approved facilities.
This is to be found at the end of the 'refusal to test' reasons in the introduction. Hope that helps. I too have refused to test vehicles for the same reason as you, with much the same result. Problem is, you are the person responsible for making sure the test is carried out properly and completely. I'm afraid we sometimes have to take the flak from the bosses and stick to our guns. Best of luck

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2013 03:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
elusive

Mana: 
Hi all. I'm new here but not to testing as I've been testing for nearly 10yrs now. I recently changed jobs and the mot bay is not very tall. On Friday I was asked to test a medium wheelbase hightop transit van which was converted to a campervan making it a class 4 test. The van could only be lifted to waist height which I felt was not enough to conduct a proper inspection so I refused to test it. I've looked but I can't find anything to state a minimum working height and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I need something as this situation resulted in colourful language from my boss and his partner and me being referred to as "god". Any help would be much appreciated

Current time is 08:52 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Safe working height Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems