Stroppy clients  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 11:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
big..E. wrote: Walking across the carpark last week I heard a disgruntled customer shout"whats his F**c**n problem!!!.....I smiled to myself an thought "not my problem mate it's your car"..........Vauxhall Corsa 05 plate..While jacking the rear of the vehicle to carry out inspection BOTH REAR Coil springs fell out and rolled (no Bouncing these babies) across the workshop floor!!!....The WHEELS were still in contact with the Ramp.:shock::shock::shock:........Funny at the time but I would'nt like to be behind him over a Humped Bridge...;)

nor would Fillipe Massa?:?

Last edited on Tue Oct 20th, 2009 11:36 pm by Wesley

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 10:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
Walking across the carpark last week I heard a disgruntled customer shout"whats his F**c**n problem!!!.....I smiled to myself an thought "not my problem mate it's your car"..........Vauxhall Corsa 05 plate..While jacking the rear of the vehicle to carry out inspection BOTH REAR Coil springs fell out and rolled (no Bouncing these babies) across the workshop floor!!!....The WHEELS were still in contact with the Ramp.:shock::shock::shock:........Funny at the time but I would'nt like to be behind him over a Humped Bridge...;)

Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 06:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mark2

Mana: 
I even completed the vt17 for him, and addressed the envelope to the local area office, not heard a whisper since.

Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 01:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
original origin

Mana: 
give him a vt17 and tell him to p=#s off in a very nice way. as he has allready repaird the car so it will not go to apeal

Posted: Sat Sep 19th, 2009 09:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
used to do one a few years back,sierra 1.8td,2 brothers drove it with a third filling in the odd shift.was on the road virtually 24/7.how does 100k per year sound?oil+filter once a fortnight,cambelt every 4-5 mnths,you get the picture.the guy i referred to below is part time,works 3-5 days a week,does a lot of airport runs and 3-4000 mls in a week isnt unusual.previous passat sold on at 450k....

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Them Scuds are good motors.

Kev

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
yep

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 10:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
55000 per annum, is he part time then:D

DB;)

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 10:03 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
one of my regular punters runs a skidder octavia auto diesel-he swears by them.me?i just swear at em.....,test it every 6 mnths,4 yrs old 220k...do the maths.

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
mark2

Mana: 
The pad was from the vehicle, the inside of the disc showed "polishing " of the rust ring around the inner edge of the disc,as if the backing plate of the pad was just beginning to touch.

The reason I suggest he'd be screaming in 14 days, the vehicle was an automatic and in 14 days taxi work he's likely to wear what little was left away.

I was surprised as other customers who have had pads almost as low have been pleased that it was picked up at the MOT.

I had no worries about the outcome of an appeal with that vehicle. I knew or thought I could see less than 1.5 mm in actual fact the pad pictured was the thickest at 2.5 mm

Last edited on Fri Sep 18th, 2009 08:59 pm by mark2

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
in all fairness pads in situ can often look worse than they are due to poor visibility/lip on the disc etc.if it turns out that they were above 1.5mm and he can prove it then the two main likely outcomes are-vehicle repaired before appeal=piss off,second(assuming marginal difference between actual depth and fail limit)decision overruled/marginal/moderately wrong which equals pissant points.i dont think you have any major worries looming on the horizon.

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
Hi mark2,

The brake pad you show is out of the caliper, was that the pad fitted to the vehicle or was it an example pad?

I know it is difficult to take a good picture when the pads are in situ, this I have tried and they appear like yours slightly blurred. Its interesting how you said that the car would require new brake discs had he left it 14 days later?

Were the brake pads noisy in operation?

The reason I ask that is because I am of the opinion that VOSA consider that it is most difficult to prove a brake pad or lining is below 1.5mm when in situ, which I may be wrong, but if no noise indicating metal to metal contact is present, then the discs faces will not have any scorring present, and if the brake performance test is satisfactory, should that not have been a Pass and Advise?

And before anyone gets their backs up and starts ranting, think about what I am trying to say. No noise, no scorring, no proof of pads lining material less than 1.5mm when in situ?

DB;)

Posted: Fri Sep 18th, 2009 08:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
mark2

Mana: 
Recently failed a Skoda Octavia, cv boot, a tyre and front brake pads, the vehicle presenter went away disappointed with the fail but reasonably happy.

Presenter returned the following morning, retested, all is well, happy bunny and away he goes.

Now it goes runny, 4pm, in comes the owner of the vehicle demanding to know why I had failed the vehicle on brake pads , stated on the VT30 to be below 1.5mm.

He wanted the test fee returned, demanded a VT17 and stated "I'm going to appeal, it'll cost you" :D Short shrift from the boss and after he left general merriment expressed by everyone else.

However this particular Skoda covers in the region of 3,000 mls a month as a taxi. 14 days later he'd be needing discs as well as pads after they'd been metal to metal.

Anybody else with a similar experience?

Attachment: pads.jpg (Downloaded 48 times)

Current time is 08:46 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Stroppy clients Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems