AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Oct 19th, 2011 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote:

btw, owning a 4x4 doesent qualify!! them chelsea tractor owners who have road tires fitted, and only go offroad  when dropping off their offspring to skool.:P  

yeah,some of them puddles on the school run can be absolutely treacherous:shock:4x4 is essential....how did we ever make it to school on shanks pony?

yeah, " shanks pony". one of those few things we have managed to keep for all these years, still needs to be exercised on a regular basis though?;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Oct 18th, 2011 09:07 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 

btw, owning a 4x4 doesent qualify!! them chelsea tractor owners who have road tires fitted, and only go offroad  when dropping off their offspring to skool.:P  

yeah,some of them puddles on the school run can be absolutely treacherous:shock:4x4 is essential....how did we ever make it to school on shanks pony?

Posted: Thu Oct 13th, 2011 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote:
has anyone encountered snow tyres that are provided with an owner who knows how to drive in snow yet?the best ones in the world wont eliminate the majority of pisspoor twats that are our main problem.teach people how to drive in adverse conditions instead.that way you might be able to drive uphill without finding half a dozen tossers have already blocked it for you.i dont have a 4x4,i dont have snow tyres,the normal conditions in this country dont require either but i do have to travel up a 1 in 7 hill.if no twats blocked it then i can get home fine.9 times out of 10 however its blocked up with bellends with the driving ability of a used condom.snow tyres wont get me home under those conditions......

Sounds like it's time for a " Bob school of adverse weather motoring" .
Could be a nice earner in the coming months... :D

Posted: Wed Oct 12th, 2011 11:20 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote: has anyone encountered snow tyres that are provided with an owner who knows how to drive in snow yet?the best ones in the world wont eliminate the majority of pisspoor twats that are our main problem.teach people how to drive in adverse conditions instead.that way you might be able to drive uphill without finding half a dozen tossers have already blocked it for you.i dont have a 4x4,i dont have snow tyres,the normal conditions in this country dont require either but i do have to travel up a 1 in 7 hill.if no twats blocked it then i can get home fine.9 times out of 10 however its blocked up with bellends with the driving ability of a used condom.snow tyres wont get me home under those conditions......

nice one rob,

trouble is the tyres they, the owners, have fitted are not designed for adverse conditions, so some, owners who choose to have them fitted may find a little more grip?i have to agree with your teaching/instruction of how to drive in adverse conditions, should be taken into consideration, maybye the future reflects the past? back when snow in this country was regular, and when my old man had a set of snow chains?;)

Last edited on Thu Oct 13th, 2011 12:12 am by Wesley

Posted: Wed Oct 12th, 2011 09:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
has anyone encountered snow tyres that are provided with an owner who knows how to drive in snow yet?the best ones in the world wont eliminate the majority of pisspoor twats that are our main problem.teach people how to drive in adverse conditions instead.that way you might be able to drive uphill without finding half a dozen tossers have already blocked it for you.i dont have a 4x4,i dont have snow tyres,the normal conditions in this country dont require either but i do have to travel up a 1 in 7 hill.if no twats blocked it then i can get home fine.9 times out of 10 however its blocked up with bellends with the driving ability of a used condom.snow tyres wont get me home under those conditions......

Posted: Mon Oct 10th, 2011 08:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Have just been reading about winter tyres on the conti web site, it seems like a mandatory fitment in eu http://conti-central.co.uk/winter-tyres/

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 11:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote: I have just bought 2 s/h wheels with a view to fitting winter tyres on them ready to use when needed :)

nice one kit,;)

trouble is, kev`s not going to bother and he Will be blocking your street!:shock: LOL!:P

Last edited on Thu Oct 6th, 2011 11:14 pm by Wesley

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 09:42 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I have just bought 2 s/h wheels with a view to fitting winter tyres on them ready to use when needed :)

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 05:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
robplaying

Mana: 
Also the major tyre supplier in our area will not accept winter tyres back for credit so they are purchased as required

Posted: Thu Oct 6th, 2011 07:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
Wesley wrote:
kev1975 wrote: the thing with winter tyres is nobody is interested until it snows , then they panic buy & the price goes up .
my brother runs a tyre dealership & they had stock of snow tyres last winter , snow fell & they sold the lot , the phone was ringing all the time with people wanting snow tyres .
then the price went up & then finally the supplier was sold out , so its a case of buy them & pray for snow .:D

or, We, like three of the major tyre manufactureres, "sponsoring" tv programmes try to educate "joe public",

the price has already gone up!!;)

joe public not usually interested until they have lots of trouble getting out their street :shock:

Posted: Wed Oct 5th, 2011 11:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
kev1975 wrote: the thing with winter tyres is nobody is interested until it snows , then they panic buy & the price goes up .
my brother runs a tyre dealership & they had stock of snow tyres last winter , snow fell & they sold the lot , the phone was ringing all the time with people wanting snow tyres .
then the price went up & then finally the supplier was sold out , so its a case of buy them & pray for snow .:D

or, We, like three of the major tyre manufactureres, "sponsoring" tv programmes try to educate "joe public",

the price has already gone up!!;)

Last edited on Wed Oct 5th, 2011 11:30 pm by Wesley

Posted: Wed Oct 5th, 2011 09:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
the thing with winter tyres is nobody is interested until it snows , then they panic buy & the price goes up .

Posted: Wed Oct 5th, 2011 08:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
There doesn't seem to be much interest in them,with the cost versus how often you need to use them in this country.

Posted: Tue Oct 4th, 2011 11:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi All,

Has anyone else considered stocking a few of these and promoting them to increase their turnover, and whilst in the process improve road safety?;)

Or, Is This an Opportunity Lost?:?

Wes.

Current time is 09:32 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > "Winter Tyres" Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems