Out of Work Activities  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2008 10:43 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
big..E. wrote: kev1975 wrote: no danger of that , i told the gaffer the next day & told him to let me know how much the bulb was , he told me not to worry about it , bonus :D
Lucky you..If i told my gaffer he would deduct it from my "bonus"..;):D:D

they would never deduct it from my bonus , the reason is that i don't get bonus , unless the odd free bulb is my bonus ;);)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jul 23rd, 2008 11:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
kev1975 wrote: no danger of that , i told the gaffer the next day & told him to let me know how much the bulb was , he told me not to worry about it , bonus :D
Lucky you..If i told my gaffer he would deduct it from my "bonus"..;):D:D

Posted: Wed Jul 23rd, 2008 10:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
no danger of that , i told the gaffer the next day & told him to let me know how much the bulb was , he told me not to worry about it , bonus :D

Posted: Wed Jul 23rd, 2008 12:07 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
Kev1975,make sure to pay for the bulb and keep the till receipt..If your local plod is tha t bored he might try an do you for theft...lol...:P;)

Posted: Tue Jul 22nd, 2008 11:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
It`s easier to stop and question you, than try to stop and question the crims.

Look on the bright side, at least they stopped, which means they are looking out for any out of hours activities, thus detering any of them crims.;)

I`m with you on the bulb issue and agree motorists should be more conscentious. 

Wes. 

Last edited on Tue Jul 22nd, 2008 11:21 pm by Wesley

Posted: Sun Jul 20th, 2008 11:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
I had a dealing with the "officers" one night , I was coming home from visiting relatives & had the wife & kids in the car with me .

A headlight bulb decided to fail on a dark rainy night & so I called in at work , opened the garage , got a bulb & fitted it .

Just as i was finishing off & closing the bonnet the police pulled up , asked what I was doing & if i had any right to even be there , so I politely told them that i was a key holder & had called in to replace a failed bulb .

Their reply was something like "could you not have left it til daytime ?"

My reply to this was that I would not like to be driving a vehicle I knew to be defective , especially considering that I am an mot tester .

The officer then decided to agree & said that he wished other people on the road were as conscious of the condition of their vehicles .

I think perhaps they were bored & looking for something to do .:D

Posted: Sun Jul 20th, 2008 12:44 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote: my out of hours activities tonight consisted of explaining to the police why a mechanic shud be inside a building that says garage on the front.dummies running the place locked up/set alarm etc not realising i was still working on a mates motor.cops then asked if my car was taxed-invited them to look a little closer at screen in front of them and to piss off and stop wasting my time with peurile s**te and to accept that a car parked on private property was beyond their remit anyway.yup,bad day!

so are you a fully paid up member of your local "Glee Club" Then?;)

Posted: Sat Jul 19th, 2008 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
my out of hours activities tonight consisted of explaining to the police why a mechanic shud be inside a building that says garage on the front.dummies running the place locked up/set alarm etc not realising i was still working on a mates motor.cops then asked if my car was taxed-invited them to look a little closer at screen in front of them and to piss off and stop wasting my time with peurile s**te and to accept that a car parked on private property was beyond their remit anyway.yup,bad day!

Posted: Sat Jul 19th, 2008 01:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Here We Go!

We Should All Agree. That There Is A Difference between "Town and Country" Activities?

I am Honoured to be able to "Live" Just Outside One of the  Most Prestigious "Premier Resorts" In The UK.

Out of Hours Activities however, Mine are, Indeed, "Countryside" Biased.;) 

Everyday Individuals, are more recently seeking some kind of Escape, toward the "Lifestyle" That Differs from "Their Own"?  

So, When You Have Found What You are Supposedly "Looking For" You "Wish To Change" It? Why?

Last edited on Sat Jul 19th, 2008 01:25 am by Wesley

Current time is 08:18 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Out of Work Activities Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems