board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Latest Updates  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jun 29th, 2009 08:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
martins
Administrator

Mana: 
I take it this thread has run its course?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2009 09:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
KevG wrote: There was a young barmaid from Hale
On her T**s were the prices of Ale
And on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Was the same information in Braile

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted?

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2009 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
There was a young barmaid from Hale
On her T**s were the prices of Ale
And on her behind
For the sake of the blind
Was the same information in Braile

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2009 06:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 

I am among the Best and

Most Beautiful things on the Planet,

which cannot be Seen or even Touched.

They Must be Felt with the Heart.:)

I speak Kind words which are short and easy to say, but their echoes are truly endless.

DB:D

Which Michael Jackson song are these lyrics from?.......:D:D:dude:......lol...   .E..

Posted: Sun Jun 28th, 2009 02:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
RFR wrote: Dynamic Balance wrote: RFR wrote: Spike wrote: Hi David !
;)

Is he an artist?

Art is the combination of exceptional intellectual input and the Dynamic Balance of Thought, creativity, precision, innovation and pride in creating a timeless impression.

must be good:D

The best I can do on that score DB is:

FRANKY Before I MOTT

I take a look and see

If DAVID really is the person I can see.

Due to that DYNAMIC BALANCE i have now idea if it is a he or she!

But like testing it could be

that once finished with one he just registers another one

and so the quest continues

to uncover the being that is ?;)

rfr:)

I am among the Best and

Most Beautiful things on the Planet,

which cannot be Seen or even Touched.

They Must be Felt with the Heart.:)

I speak Kind words which are short and easy to say, but their echoes are truly endless.

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2009 09:09 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
RFR

Mana: 
Dynamic Balance wrote: RFR wrote: Spike wrote: Hi David !
;)

Is he an artist?

Art is the combination of exceptional intellectual input and the Dynamic Balance of Thought, creativity, precision, innovation and pride in creating a timeless impression.

The best I can do on that score DB is:

FRANKY Before I MOTT

I take a look and see

If DAVID really is the person I can see.

Due to that DYNAMIC BALANCE i have now idea if it is a he or she!

But like testing it could be

that once finished with one he just registers another one

and so the quest continues

to uncover the being that is ?;)

rfr:)

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2009 01:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
RFR wrote: Spike wrote: Dynamic Balance wrote: Now 01mm free play in a suspension ball joint is not a lot by any judgement, so in your own testing experience you would use your experience and decide if you should fail it or Pass and advise it, if the latter then I am sure a tester would not say; Free play in offside front suspension ball joint, pass and advise?

I think a tester would say "slight free play in the offside front lower suspension ball joint" as an example. It is in my mind the experience of the tester at the end of the day who by experience must make the right decision as to whether a component is safe to be used on the road, the manual is only a detailed guide to advise the tester in the first instance.

Hi David !

;)

Is he an artist?

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2009 10:42 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
RFR

Mana: 
Spike wrote: Dynamic Balance wrote: Now 01mm free play in a suspension ball joint is not a lot by any judgement, so in your own testing experience you would use your experience and decide if you should fail it or Pass and advise it, if the latter then I am sure a tester would not say; Free play in offside front suspension ball joint, pass and advise?

I think a tester would say "slight free play in the offside front lower suspension ball joint" as an example. It is in my mind the experience of the tester at the end of the day who by experience must make the right decision as to whether a component is safe to be used on the road, the manual is only a detailed guide to advise the tester in the first instance.

Hi David !

;)

Posted: Sat Jun 27th, 2009 12:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Spike

Mana: 
Dynamic Balance wrote: Now 01mm free play in a suspension ball joint is not a lot by any judgement, so in your own testing experience you would use your experience and decide if you should fail it or Pass and advise it, if the latter then I am sure a tester would not say; Free play in offside front suspension ball joint, pass and advise?

Hi David !

Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2009 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
I have seen the changes as well, but as Rebel said some phone numbers not always available, like Fiat was one?

Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2009 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
I saw that it says" Help Line Applies" or something similar.

Posted: Fri Jun 26th, 2009 07:10 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Rebel
Trade Member

Mana: 
I notice since this last update, most VT40's now have a help line number printed.

I say most because of the last ten tests Ive done only eight of them have a number.

And of the eight with a help line number - six of the numbers are completely different!

Whats that all about?

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2009 08:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
Spongebob wrote: Dynamic Balance wrote: Spongebob wrote: removalizer wrote: SawWesley wrote: New Advisory Options, anyone else noticed?:D

Brake Hose Ferrules slightly corroded.:D

There also appears to be a change or addition to the first screen to appear when first selecting Enter Test Results, Abort or Abandon?:D

Anyone?;)
Saw it a while ago hardly seems worth it as it only really applies to Vauxhalls and they will meet the same demise as rover soon

You've not come across a rotten one on the back of a golf or polo yet then where you rub it a bit and half the ferrule drops off?

I noticed a while ago they've changed the brake pads one from slightly worn to wearing thin. You'd think they'd have the nouse to alter the discs one along the same lines without prompting.

You are of course free to enter your own text rather than using VOSA's feeble offerings.

What is wrong with slightly worn and excessively worn?

Surely you won't expect a running commentry on discs and pads wear like;

discs worn 05%,10%,15% etc or

pads worn 05%,10%,15% etc.

How would you like it worded then?

Slightly worn to me in the case of brake components implies not far off new hence useless for an advisory unless you are in the habit of providing an in depth condition report of the car as an advisory. Wearing thin might on the other hand start alarm bells in the head of Joe Public who to my experience view an advisory notice as being written in martian.Slightly worn in the case of a ball joint or suchlike is of course an entirely different case. 

I may not use the word "slightly" when assessing components like brakes, I probably would say something like, the offside front brake pads are wearing thin and may soon require renewal, or the front brake discs are worn and may require renewal at the next service. Suspension components to me should be maintained to the recommendations of the manufacturer, this is also qualified by VOSA were they have said that they would rely on the manufacturer recommendations when a fail criteria must be made, so a manufacturer may say free play in a ball joint in excess of 01mm is excessive, and then VOSA have said that failer is only justified when this limit has been exceeded.

Now 01mm free play in a suspension ball joint is not a lot by any judgement, so in your own testing experience you would use your experience and decide if you should fail it or Pass and advise it, if the latter then I am sure a tester would not say; Free play in offside front suspension ball joint, pass and advise?

Posted: Thu Jun 25th, 2009 08:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Spongebob

Mana: 
Dynamic Balance wrote: Spongebob wrote: removalizer wrote: SawWesley wrote: New Advisory Options, anyone else noticed?:D

There also appears to be a change or addition to the first screen to appear when first selecting Enter Test Results, Abort or Abandon?:D

Anyone?;)
Saw it a while ago hardly seems worth it as it only really applies to Vauxhalls and they will meet the same demise as rover soon

You've not come across a rotten one on the back of a golf or polo yet then where you rub it a bit and half the ferrule drops off?

I noticed a while ago they've changed the brake pads one from slightly worn to wearing thin. You'd think they'd have the nouse to alter the discs one along the same lines without prompting.

You are of course free to enter your own text rather than using VOSA's feeble offerings.

Slightly worn to me in the case of brake components implies not far off new hence useless for an advisory unless you are in the habit of providing an in depth condition report of the car as an advisory. Wearing thin might on the other hand start alarm bells in the head of Joe Public who to my experience view an advisory notice as being written in martian.Slightly worn in the case of a ball joint or suchlike is of course an entirely different case. 

Last edited on Thu Jun 25th, 2009 08:20 pm by Spongebob

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2009 10:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Wearing Thin is worded  Very Well,

A new 10mm pad worn down to 9mm is slightly worn, service limits are a lot less and our requirements, 1.5mm.

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2009 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
Spongebob wrote: removalizer wrote: SawWesley wrote: New Advisory Options, anyone else noticed?:D

Anyone?;)

Posted: Wed Jun 24th, 2009 08:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Spongebob

Mana: 
removalizer wrote: SawWesley wrote: New Advisory Options, anyone else noticed?:D

Anyone?;)

Posted: Mon Jun 15th, 2009 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
SawWesley wrote: New Advisory Options, anyone else noticed?:D

Anyone?;)

Posted: Mon Jun 15th, 2009 07:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
Doing that thingy again:(

Last edited on Mon Jun 15th, 2009 07:30 pm by

Posted: Mon Jun 15th, 2009 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Dynamic Balance

Mana: 
To find the brake hose advisory;

Enter test results, click rfr, go to Brakes then hydraulics, a list of components present, scroll down to bottom of list and you should see brake hoses, under the title should be bracketed (slightly corroded brake ferrules) or words to that effect.

I personnally didn't know that was new to be honest?

I also not sure about what is new with Test abort and abandon?

Current time is 07:48 pm Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > Latest Updates Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems