could not match bmw on vts computer  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 2nd, 2014 04:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
hi all just to let you all know got the bmw mot done now for the info that you may not know .the bmw comes out of factory as a 320 with vin number in front screen .then it goes to alpine who do the magic and put a new vin number inside drivers door this is the one you should use.i did not know this so hope it help others..all the best

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jul 26th, 2014 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
that's a good information for BMWs thanks .

Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2014 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mark2

Mana: 
I've used http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi when I need to find information for BMWs

Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2014 06:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
DB9

Mana: 
Normally when that occurs to me I look at the number plate and say like you it is a 07 plate, then I enter 01/01/07 as default, however because it is a BMW they are very good at providing the build date, which is normally on one of the front inner wings:)

Posted: Fri Jul 25th, 2014 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
hi all had a bmw 320 alpine 07 reg for mot.but could not find a match on vts so put all vin number in still the same so went to next page it say make a new entry it ask for date of first use did not know this the owner was with me so showed hime the problem . I told hime I would need the v5 to get the date .he said ok he would bring it back next week .now when I get the date will the vts let me mot it or will it need more info.need some advice on this please...:shock:

Current time is 02:20 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > could not match bmw on vts computer Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems