New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Another new boy  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Nov 3rd, 2012 11:00 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
MAELOR13

Mana: 
Hi there, like me in a similar situation to yourself, I got sponsored by another garage so I am taking my demo test there on the 12th November - not worried at all lol. So if I were you just go out of your area ( competition reasons ) and ask to take your demo test at another MOT garage, pay them for their trouble of course/

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Oct 16th, 2012 02:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
gearbox

Mana: 
Apologies, badly phrased question as there is more than one VTS involved. Employers want the one where I have been practicing upgraded to class iv. They are trying to get both visits at the same place and time.
Just wondered what the chances were.

They have been liasing with Vosa, so I guess I will find out in the next week or so.

Posted: Mon Oct 15th, 2012 03:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi, if the place that you are working at dosent test class 4 how did you get sponsered?

Posted: Thu Oct 11th, 2012 09:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
gearbox

Mana: 
Hi All,
Recently passed my 3 day course and like others waiting for the practical assessment.

Small problem is that the place I work in does not have class IV registration (testing bikes at the mo). They are going for it and have installed all the gear, with calibration etc. They are waiting for inspection for registration, but need a NT before this will happen.

As you can see a bit of a catch 22 situation here.

They are liasing with VOSA but just wondered if anyone has been in the same boat and how things worked out.

I imagine that it must have happened before when someone sets up a new VTS.

Advice/comments gratefully accepted

Current time is 10:23 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > Another new boy Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems