New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
NTTA advice  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 09:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
wigbatt

Mana: 
Hi all, just joined but been lurking around reading up for a while. I have booked my NTTA for the middle of april, had to rush it in due to the new restrictions being enforced at the end of March.

I am pretty much there with knowledge on a day to day basis, and I have bought an up to date copy of the Hillers fundamentals of motor vehicle maintenence book, and have been studying the MOT inspection manual to try and fill in the blanks.

My question really is has anyone done the assessment recently and what should I expect to find in the test? Are there any strange questions that there may be two possible answers to, or worded as they do, to catch you out? Also what are the minimum pass percentages for each section, so I know what to pay special attention to?

I know I'm asking alot, but this is my only chance to be an MOT tester without going back to college, and I just need a little guidance. I did 2 years at college working towards NVQ level 2 and 3 and an ONC leading to a HNC, but that was 15 years ago, so going back to college is not really an option for me.

Any help, and I mean ANY, will be helpful to tie up some loose ends for me!

Many thanks.

Last edited on Wed Mar 23rd, 2016 09:31 pm by wigbatt

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 09:33 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > NTTA advice Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems