AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2009 09:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
mjk wrote:

If it came in with 4 racing slicks, but the presenter said it was just for track days, would that be a P&A?

That depends on whether or not its raining at the time of test. If its raining a lot of course I would fail .If its just spotting however, I would pass and advise with the wording -

"Intermediate/wet tyres recommended" - in the text box.

LOL Kev

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2009 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
mjk
Trade Member

Mana: 
I would fail it under the RFR registration plate light  not fitted, and may do it twice just to make a point (N/S and O/S)!!!
If it came in with 4 racing slicks, but the presenter said it was just for track days, would that be a P&A?

Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2009 01:20 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Spunkymonkey wrote: Having just been checking the lighting regs for another thread, he's technically correct that it currently has an exception as "a vehicle not required to be fitted with a rear registration plate".  If it's not completed registration then it's not covered by the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 so it's not requires to display a plate.

As such, I guess for MOT purposes it should be a pass & advise because it's not an obligatory light under any regs until registration is complete.  On the other hand, as soon as DVLA finish the paperwork the exemption goes out the window and he'll be illegal without one. 

From the sound of his smartarse attitude, hopefully he'll get pulled over in short order :D

Thanks, SM,;)

This particular vehicle will have had an Obscene amount of money thrown at it before the new owner gets it back from the presenter, and I am pretty sure that It Will be finished in excess of any requirements.;)

ps; the presenter has Trade Plates,

Wes.

Posted: Sat Dec 12th, 2009 01:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Spunkymonkey

Mana: 
Having just been checking the lighting regs for another thread, he's technically correct that it currently has an exception as "a vehicle not required to be fitted with a rear registration plate".  If it's not completed registration then it's not covered by the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 so it's not requires to display a plate.

As such, I guess for MOT purposes it should be a pass & advise because it's not an obligatory light under any regs until registration is complete.  On the other hand, as soon as DVLA finish the paperwork the exemption goes out the window and he'll be illegal without one. 

From the sound of his smartarse attitude, hopefully he'll get pulled over in short order :D

Posted: Fri Dec 11th, 2009 07:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Whoops!!

Kev

Posted: Fri Dec 11th, 2009 05:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
I hope you failed it ;)

Posted: Fri Dec 11th, 2009 12:01 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Just re-read your question Wes - do you mean registration plates - or registration plate lamps :?

Thanks Stealth,;)

Yes, I was referring to the Registration Plate "Lamps",;)

As this is obviously an aged imported vehicle and new to computerisation, It was registered on the system using the VIN only and the Documentation Presented.

The Presenter Stated, As There are "No Registration Plates Fitted" Where Is The Requirement For A "Registration Plate Lamp"?:?

Hey!;)

Where Now?:?

Guess next years inspection might just result in a Fail.;)

Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2009 06:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
I think he did mean Reg. plates.
We used to do loads of imported Pajeros a few years ago,
oddly they all had the same wheels and tyres on. By that I mean the same set!!!

Kev

Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2009 05:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Just re-read your question Wes - do you mean registration plates - or registration plate lamps :?

Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2009 07:59 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
That will be 'Not displayed' on the VTS device - test on the VIN & P&A ;)

Posted: Wed Dec 9th, 2009 11:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi Guys,

Have recently had an Imported vehicle presented for an MOT, There are "No" "Registration Plates" fitted.;)

The Presenter States that there are No Registration Plates fitted as it has just been Imported and questions the lighting requirement? as "None" are present or fitted.;)

Apart from the Lighting, everything else on the vehicle Has been, "retro", updated, new front and rear suspension, braking components, etc, etc, apart from the visual aspect of the vehicle, "Rat";), Lighting, with beam benders fitted to the headlamps is as standard as it left the factory.;)

Where Now?:?

P&A?:?

Last edited on Fri Dec 11th, 2009 12:17 am by Wesley

Current time is 08:05 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Registration Plate Lamp Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems