AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Aug 12th, 2008 11:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
David wrote: Hi Wes

Regulation (8.2.3) says that the screen washers do not provide enough liquid to clear the windscreen in conjunction with the wipers.

If the screen washers are so positioned that they direct liquid away from the screen to the sides or the front, then they fail, if the washers are overshooting the screen, then by manual operation on and off of the switch you are able to get liquid on the screen to check the effective operation of the wipers, this would be a pass and advise.

You probably already know this but I thought I would mention it anyway;

If four screen washers are fitted, two on each side of the vehicle, then any two not providing any liquid is a P&A, and if only one jet per side provides liquid, P&A

Hope this helps

David:D

;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Aug 12th, 2008 10:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
David
Banned

Mana: 
Hi Wes

Regulation (8.2.3) says that the screen washers do not provide enough liquid to clear the windscreen in conjunction with the wipers.

If the screen washers are so positioned that they direct liquid away from the screen to the sides or the front, then they fail, if the washers are overshooting the screen, then by manual operation on and off of the switch you are able to get liquid on the screen to check the effective operation of the wipers, this would be a pass and advise.

You probably already know this but I thought I would mention it anyway;

If four screen washers are fitted, two on each side of the vehicle, then any two not providing any liquid is a P&A, and if only one jet per side provides liquid, P&A

Hope this helps

David:D

Posted: Mon Aug 11th, 2008 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Not got the manual here,

But i think its the "Not Supplying sufficient fluid" RFR

You must assume they mean supplying to the screen as thats what they're for.

Kev

Posted: Mon Aug 11th, 2008 10:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi Guys,

Fiat Van in for Test, screenwasher jet appears to be a two piece item like Landies.

The piece that has the jets on is missing, so when operating the screenwash control, there Is "sufficient delivery", but in the wrong direction, forward away from the screen.

How would you interperet this, and where is the important RFR?

Wes.;)

Last edited on Tue Aug 12th, 2008 12:12 am by Wesley

Current time is 06:20 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Drivers View Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems