View single post by douglas950
 Posted: Wed May 23rd, 2007 12:40 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
douglas950

Mana: 
I wonder how you are getting on after watching the "OPTing in DVD"?  Issues are raised which I had not previously thought of.  We are advised to check the brake and fuel systems under the car and under the bonnet with the brake applied and the engine running, then check both locations again with the brake and engine off. 

The manual does support the need for these checks.  I suspect VOSA forgot to alter them when the manual was amended to cater for ATL testing.  We can't afford to miss the second checks, even if they have been retained in error. 

I said before that I was looking forward to second generation equipment.  The DVD has reinforced my reservations. 

Incidentally I think the DVD advises us to tap the rear fog lamps with the ignition off.  I will watch again some time to be sure.  It is also states that the "concession" to allow one person testing without a full ATL expires at the end of 2009.  I have not previously heard of this.  Policy manufactured on the hoof?  I have heard that the manual will be re-written soon.  I am keen to have the advantage of the wheel play detectors, but cannot afford to spent more tester time on each test.  I prefer to employ two assistants to service three testers. 

Douglas950