View single post by Stealth
 Posted: Wed Sep 23rd, 2009 01:14 pm
PM Quote Reply Full Topic

Joined: Wed Oct 31st, 2007
Location: Back To Reality, United Kingdom
Posts: 1550
I dont go into that area very often, but I'm sure it's your insurance company that will perhaps request an engineers report - it usually depends on how bad the damage was. I would speak to them first of all.

Cat C is normally what the underwriters consider to be an uneconomical repair but where the car is deemed not to be so badly damaged that repair would be unsafe.

The VIC check is only to establish that the identity of the car matches it's DVLA record - in other words it's not been cloned or 'rung'