board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

imi training

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Agency testers  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 11th, 2018 09:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ktcgumibear

Mana: 
Hello, if you need NT for weekends or holidays, write to priv. :) Thanks

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Dec 13th, 2010 07:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
jimtester

Mana: 
available asap for all your testing needs

Attachment: livepreview.jpg (Downloaded 102 times)

Last edited on Wed Dec 15th, 2010 10:27 pm by jimtester

Posted: Wed Nov 24th, 2010 06:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
keith

Mana: 
advice, get a QC on the first day you work for them, this will satisfy VOSA but as to area, you can work anywere in the UK under any VE, no limitations with VOSA.

Posted: Wed Nov 24th, 2010 06:27 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
keith

Mana: 
cheers for the info

Posted: Tue Nov 23rd, 2010 09:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
jimtester

Mana: 
i'm a freelance mot tester looking for work, very punctual and reliable, class 4 and class 7, spotless testing record

Posted: Fri Nov 19th, 2010 03:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
keith

Mana: 
hope we all find work, my business at mottesters.co.uk is a temp tester introductory agency, ie we have testers register and garages looking for temp testers are charged a very small fee and passed on the details, register and you may get a call as this is nationwide. we have no involvement with wages but our testers are charging £100 + fuel per day, i have worked from coventry to hastings. visit and register as its costs the testers nothing....keith

Posted: Fri Nov 19th, 2010 03:29 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
keith

Mana: 
was that with a comapny and how much did that cost you? i am interested as this system is now up and running on my website and i have asked/looked around on price and feel that I am very competitive if not cheaper than the best out there. be nice to find out if there are better/cheaper companies out there...keith

Posted: Thu Nov 18th, 2010 04:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
done the reminder service a "few testing stations back" had a great success with that..bringing into force in new testing station starting from scratch here so heres hoping..text sounds like a good idea too cheaper as well...as long as punter has the garage number should work:cool:

Posted: Thu Nov 11th, 2010 05:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
keith

Mana: 
cheers for the support MelissaF hope we all find work in this very hard enviroment :) we are all struggling with finances at this time. I heard a garage who asked us to supply a self employed tester at 9 per hour - we ADVISED him that this is unrealistic and suggested he look around. this is typical of garages lowering their prices to capture work. I also see less cars on the road....scary thought :shock: . just a note but we have started doing text reminder service for garages and customers alike. any thoughts if any like to be reminded when their mot is due by text message?

you guys know were I am coming frrom (tax reminders in post, insurance reminder by post, MOT due ooops)

cheers for now

Posted: Thu Nov 11th, 2010 12:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
MelissaF

Mana: 
Hello,
I am not complaining but suggesting there are other alternatives and better jobs/companies to work for and not just oposing rigauto, there is no company out there apart from MOTTesters.co.uk that only deals with freelance mot testers - end of.
Garages and testers are slowly learning that the use of the smart card is not limited to one employer but we must test at least once every 6 months to retain the right to test which for most of us means working for one company.
Regards,
Ali.

Ingrown hair treatment

Last edited on Sat Nov 13th, 2010 12:07 pm by MelissaF

Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2010 04:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
keith

Mana: 
yes we at MOTTesters.co.uk do this were we have garages and testers that we link up together - we are not an agency but we charge a fee to the garages for introducing testers either a monthly thing or a one off fee for full time employement,

we have around 3 requests per day.

cheers - MOT Testers

[Edited by Martins to remove advertising link - send PM to poster for more info]

Posted: Thu Jul 22nd, 2010 10:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
markhams

Mana: 
SHAME YOU DONT LIVE CLOSER TO US WE ARE LOOKING FOR A TESTER NOW! DN220QU

Posted: Thu May 20th, 2010 01:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
keith

Mana: 
Its okay money but when your working one week and then not - HALF this income - I have been testing back when we were punching paper and I can expalin that this is a reasonable wage if your working every week.

I am not rich and wont get there fast or quickly but I "work to live" and not "live to work". I am doing a few jobs at this time, my MOT Business, Workshop Manager for a company in Coventry and Computers/websites for other clients ..... just incase I dont have work.

I am not complaining but suggesting there are other alternatives and better jobs/companies to work for and not just oposing rigauto, there is no company out there apart from MOTTesters.co.uk that only deals with freelance mot testers - end of.

Garages and testers are slowly learning that the use of the smart card is not limited to one employer but we must test at least once every 6 months to retain the right to test which for most of us means working for one company.

VOSA will ( I reckon ) do something about this but for now we can work for any garage through companies like Rigauto and MOT Testers.

I still get text from Rigauto about jobs but I get bored at the same station day in and day out so I set up this business soley for testers and garages alike on a short term basis and you would not beleive the research and paperwork that has to be done...

If you want to work for one company go for the interview, if you want to work when and were you want talk to MOT Testers or Rigauto and see whats around.

Last edited on Thu May 20th, 2010 01:16 am by keith

Posted: Wed May 19th, 2010 03:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
martin243
Trade Member

Mana: 
Interesting point here, ok come clean everyone, what is the average wage in your area for a test/mechanic/tech ? As a manager I earn over 35k, my testers earn between 28-25k.

Posted: Tue May 18th, 2010 10:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
i suppose it depends on how many tests per day for that amount of money.

Posted: Tue May 18th, 2010 09:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Mike Gunn

Mana: 
£543 for a weeks work after tax NI contributions. whats wrong with that? it works out to be £28,236 per annum. thats far more than what any MOT tester earns on a permanent basis.

What would you pay for a weeks work?

Posted: Tue May 18th, 2010 05:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
keith

Mana: 
I got paid £543.22 after tax and NI - for me not worth the hassel

Posted: Mon May 17th, 2010 07:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Mike Gunn

Mana: 
If they are getting paid £2000, what are you getting paid then??? How much was you paid when you worked for Rig? Do you pay more?

Posted: Mon May 17th, 2010 03:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
keith

Mana: 
I too have worked for this company and the pay is not as good as I thought and also they hassel you on every turn, the garages have to pay through the nose for their services, in some cases they had to pay £2000+ for a tester for 1 week.

very over priced , try mottesters google them using freelance mot tester or just mot tester

very reasonable prices and competitive especially if your a small garage

Posted: Fri May 14th, 2010 08:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Mike Gunn

Mana: 
In response to your message, call Rig Automotive Recruit. I work for this company and have done for almost 2 years now. We have a huge network of freelance MOT testers, you can find there details on google. Thanks Mike.

Current time is 09:51 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Testers Wanted | MOT Forum > Agency testers Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems