Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Website

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer  
AuthorPost
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
yeah merc, they like chaffed front flexi brake pipes, just like corsa's have insecure cv boots, wtc could we not go on all day

clio - ball joints & snapped springs etc

karlosthejackel

Mana: 
Again its one of those situations i guess. What you cant see you cant test but when the customer comes to you complaining of a particular noise and you cant see it it makes you(the tester) look or feel unproffesional when the vehicle goes elsewhere and they find something you cant see by them using a mirror!? Merc A class the same with the hidden flexys behind the plastic panels. Mercs i feel are famous for deteriorated flexys,again what do you do??!!

kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
golf wrote:
bmw rear springs, hard to spot, defonately 75% of the ones ive tested have had atleast on broken,

also on focus's volvo's & 406, seem barely noticeable, a fracture is a fracture tho.

what about a cut spring?? or a cut lowering spring??

i had one of, well 2 actually on the rear of a vectra recently, failed them for being incomplete, do you agree??

I recently had a golf where someone had lopped a rather large amount from all 4 springs , failed :shock::shock:

golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
bmw rear springs, hard to spot, defonately 75% of the ones ive tested have had atleast on broken,

also on focus's volvo's & 406, seem barely noticeable, a fracture is a fracture tho.

what about a cut spring?? or a cut lowering spring??

i had one of, well 2 actually on the rear of a vectra recently, failed them for being incomplete, do you agree??

castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
i use a bendy torch for similar reasons,trouble is because i get a better view of brakes/springs etc my fail rate is a third higher than my compatriots.

karlosthejackel

Mana: 
Im finding many rear springs hard to test due to the depth of the cup,thus hiding say the bottom 3 coils of the spring. some you can get your fingers in and feel,other its a no no. I  believe a flexible mirror should now be included on the MOT tools board. I use my own and find so many that its unreal that id definately miss if i didnt have the mirror.

I dont know what it is with coil spring manufacture but there wasnt half as many broken coils ten years ago. the general quality has definately gone on most marques.:X

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems