mot tester wanted  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat May 15th, 2010 12:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Mike Gunn wrote: I work for RIG automotive and we run the biggest freelance operation in the UK. Firstly your MOT smart card belongs to VOSA, but is your to keep for MOT pruposes.

Secondly, you can actually log onto as many sites as you like, there is not a statment from VOSA explaining a limit on how many VTS's you can log onto.

If you are logged onto several then you might receive a call but would be very simple to explain.

If you are looking for any freelance or perm work then please contact Rig Automotive Recruit, you will be able to find our details on google
Hi, "Quote",
"This Smart Card is produced and maintained by Siemens Buisness Services as part of MOT Computerisation and remains the property of Siemens Buisness Services at all times". 

So, We are only Custodians of a Smart Card that belongs to Siemens and is policed by VOSA, who have the powers to award you points against you if it is Not on your Person.:P;)

Last edited on Sat May 15th, 2010 12:29 am by Wesley

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri May 14th, 2010 05:11 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Mike Gunn

Mana: 
I work for RIG automotive and we run the biggest freelance operation in the UK. Firstly your MOT smart card belongs to VOSA, but is your to keep for MOT pruposes.

Secondly, you can actually log onto as many sites as you like, there is not a statment from VOSA explaining a limit on how many VTS's you can log onto.

If you are logged onto several then you might receive a call but would be very simple to explain.

If you are looking for any freelance or perm work then please contact Rig Automotive Recruit, you will be able to find our details on google

Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2010 08:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jimfixit

Mana: 
thank to all who reply

Posted: Fri Apr 9th, 2010 12:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
golf wrote: would like to point out that you are commiting an offence leaving YOUR smart card with any other personell!!

must be on your person im afraid

I always hang mine on my person,;) it`s the largest hook i can find!;)

taters,;)

wes.:P

Last edited on Fri Apr 9th, 2010 12:25 am by Wesley

Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2010 11:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
would like to point out that you are commiting an offence leaving YTOUR smart card with any other personell!!

must be on your person im afraid

Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2010 07:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
your smart card belongs to you , not the garage you work for .
you can test wherever you like.

Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2010 08:02 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
hi
as far as i know you should have your own card with your photo and your user id number on it. and you can test at other vts's. i would say unfair dismissle if they sack you unless they consider it moonlighting. the only reason for using a garage's spare card is if you are waiting for a replacement of your own. some more details would be helpful.

Last edited on Thu Apr 8th, 2010 08:06 am by bimmer

Posted: Thu Apr 8th, 2010 07:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
jimfixit

Mana: 
been told on weekends off can not go testing any were else can sack me from my job i am in is this true my smart card is with the garage i work for and is not my card like to hear anybody's reply

Current time is 07:18 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Testers Wanted | MOT Forum > mot tester wanted Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems