board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Autotech MOT Audits

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Dual Purpose Vehicles  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 26th, 2010 08:23 am
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Spongebob

Mana: 
I had a Nissan Navarra (or whatever the crewcabbed pickup is they do) booked in for first MOT a couple of weeks ago. The gross weight put it into the dual purpose vehicle category (3210 kg IIRC) BUT how the heck do I know the unladen weight of it? I'm guessing it would be stated on the log book which wasn't presented at the time?? Assuming a payload of around 1000 kg this would be over the weight stated in the manual so we didn't test it, apart from that it was the size of a small county anyway and would probably have been too big for the ramp.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue May 25th, 2010 10:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
was putting updated pages in manuals today and was specifically looking for this,bearing in mind the sn reckoned early next(this)year and we are now banging on june and the updates concerned tend to be issued on an annual basis.didnt see anything,no change in dpv definitions so sent a message to technical services mentioning all this and asking if i had missed summat or was it being implemented at the same rate as computerisation-i.e. 8 years late.if they deign to reply i will fill you in.

Posted: Fri May 14th, 2010 12:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
and llandewibreffi

Posted: Wed May 12th, 2010 02:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
bimmer

Mana: 
they also have this, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :D

Last edited on Wed May 12th, 2010 02:50 am by bimmer

Posted: Wed May 12th, 2010 12:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
at least wales had something lol

Posted: Tue May 11th, 2010 12:21 am
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi Guys,

need some advice here,;)

Had an LR/Defender 110 DPV in today, when logging on was advised that "class" of vehicle had changed from last year? ie from V11 to 1V.

Phoned "Siemmens" helpline and they advised to phone "local area office" they, advised to phone an 0800...?? number which is in "Wales", "They", Advised a look at SN5 2009, which states "Early Next Year", from the original SN Issue date in "July 2009".

To CMA, I logged off the vehicle "test registered in error"":shock:

"Company Provider" For Vehicles Leased to the "National Trust" phoned us and protested their corner.

I advised them of SN5 2009, then my boss phoned and said tha our local VE had told him that It had not been implicated yet???:?:?:?

wes.

Current time is 01:53 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Dual Purpose Vehicles Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems