soz guys:)

martin243
Trade Member

Mana: 
Agreed

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
volksjim wrote: wonder how much they took to totally overhaul the reasons for rejections..no more excessively worn discs or advisorys for slight pitting or wear...haven't had time to have a good gander right through even method of inspection has changed for exhaust noticed that today used to be able to advise tail pipe missing not any more any part missing is a rfr:?

I think you should have started a new thread for this one??:?

kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Yes there was a SN, about 8 pages. I  wanted to fail ford focus on beam image, but not there, i decided it was "deteriorated so that the light output is well below that required to illuminate the road ahead." Had a quick look at outher bits, seems ok to have a cut seat belt now!:?

Looks like a giant leap backwards.  

volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
was there a special notice??:?

kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
I wanted to fail a transit headlight today for no image , that aint there either ,the light output was also reduced & so it failed for that .
seems to me like some of the rules were a backward step .

volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
dunno:? but a lot that was there on sat is no longer there:?  gotta manually type in slight worn discs now lol

mark2

Mana: 
volksjim wrote:
no more excessively worn discs or advisorys for slight pitting or wear...

But is that a mistake by siemens or vosa?
I had a gander there and the rfrs appear to be the same as for brake drums.

volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
wonder how much they took to totally overhaul the reasons for rejections..no more excessively worn discs or advisorys for slight pitting or wear...haven't had time to have a good gander right through even method of inspection has changed for exhaust noticed that today used to be able to advise tail pipe missing not any more any part missing is a rfr:?

Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
volksjim wrote: wouldn't it be great if vosa could put this on VSI prior to testing..or is that too simple

Good idea .....if you take the time to browse the VSI without logging on for test -

BUT - if you've already logged it on before you check the VSI and it turns out to be a class VII & your station is only class IV ........

And then in walks your VE :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Siemens would no doubt want a not inconsiderable sum to change the VSI  - and VOSA ain't exactly overflowing with cash at the moment.  :shock::shock::shock:

castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
yep.....

volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
wouldn't it be great if vosa could put this on VSI prior to testing..or is that too simple

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Wesley wrote:
Hi Stealth,

This seems to be a very "grey" area? of the vosa criteria.:? 

Is It a "Navara D22" or is It a "Navara D40"?:?

wes.

I'll hang my head in shame at my mistake Wes - and Spongebob  :dude:

After a bit of trawling through back issues of Matters Of Testing I found this ........

Take the Nissan…

One vehicle we know to be causing problems for testers is the Nissan Navara. The only information on the manufacturer’s plate is the DGW and axle weights – in the case of the Navara, we already know that they are all over 3,000 kg DGW.

Because the unladen weight figure for the Navara is not available, it’s impossible to say whether or not they fall under the classification of dual purpose. To overcome this difficulty, VOSA has agreed with the Department for Transport (DfT) that these can be tested as Class 4.

Adding the exclusion of dual purpose vehicles to the goods vehicle definition in the MVTR was intended to prevent certain Land Rover goods vehicles with a DGW of over 3,000 kg falling under the Goods Vehicle Plating and Testing scheme.

Class IV it is - at the moment - ;)

Hi Stealth,

not your bad,;):P

a navara D22 is "less" than 3000kgs, on the plate, and a navara D40 is slightly "over" 3000kgs.;)

the same as those old landies,;)

Since the Class V11 introduction,? and the latest SN Proposals, many "eons" later than your last paragraph, above, vosa choose to propose changes?:?

should this issue have been addressed when, "Class V11" Was First Introduced?:?

thus alleviating Us of All missconceptions and uncertaincies about what weight of vehicle we are allowed to test in a specified "Class"??:?

wes.

Last edited on Mon May 31st, 2010 10:43 pm by Wesley

castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the actual problem is that we have no way of confirming the unladen weight,thats why this hassle exists and as such we were told to assume class 4.some stations will have weighing equipment and as such will be certain of the weight but the average station(us included)doesnt.i first raised this query with tech services 5years ago with a dodge ram v10,gvw plate that read 4000kg!class 4 but inform the presenter that it will probably become class7 within the next year or so.this was pre computerisation.....

Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Ironically - a colleague rang the help desk recently regards a Navara that had a 5th wheel fitted in the payload area - to tow a trailer type motor home.

They advised him it was class VII :?

Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Wesley wrote:
Hi Stealth,

wes.

I'll hang my head in shame at my mistake Wes - and Spongebob  :dude:

After a bit of trawling through back issues of Matters Of Testing I found this ........

Take the Nissan…

One vehicle we know to be causing problems for testers is the Nissan Navara. The only information on the manufacturer’s plate is the DGW and axle weights – in the case of the Navara, we already know that they are all over 3,000 kg DGW.

Because the unladen weight figure for the Navara is not available, it’s impossible to say whether or not they fall under the classification of dual purpose. To overcome this difficulty, VOSA has agreed with the Department for Transport (DfT) that these can be tested as Class 4.

Adding the exclusion of dual purpose vehicles to the goods vehicle definition in the MVTR was intended to prevent certain Land Rover goods vehicles with a DGW of over 3,000 kg falling under the Goods Vehicle Plating and Testing scheme.

Class IV it is - at the moment - ;)

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote: Spongebob wrote: I had a Nissan Navarra (or whatever the crewcabbed pickup is they do) booked in for first MOT a couple of weeks ago. The gross weight put it into the dual purpose vehicle category (3210 kg IIRC) BUT how the heck do I know the unladen weight of it? I'm guessing it would be stated on the log book which wasn't presented at the time?? Assuming a payload of around 1000 kg this would be over the weight stated in the manual so we didn't test it, apart from that it was the size of a small county anyway and would probably have been too big for the ramp.
If it's a 'pick up' and can carry goods &  between 3501 & 3500 kg gross then it would be class VII - unless you could confirm the under 2040 kg unladen weight    ;)

Hi Stealth,

wes.

Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Spongebob wrote: I had a Nissan Navarra (or whatever the crewcabbed pickup is they do) booked in for first MOT a couple of weeks ago. The gross weight put it into the dual purpose vehicle category (3210 kg IIRC) BUT how the heck do I know the unladen weight of it? I'm guessing it would be stated on the log book which wasn't presented at the time?? Assuming a payload of around 1000 kg this would be over the weight stated in the manual so we didn't test it, apart from that it was the size of a small county anyway and would probably have been too big for the ramp.
If it's a 'pick up' and can carry goods &  between 3501 & 3500 kg gross then it would be class VII - unless you could confirm the under 2040 kg unladen weight    ;)

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote: further to the below. the reply was-to change all of this requires an act of parliarment.due to goverment changes it may not happen till post 2010.

Cheers rob,;)

What, You are Confirming is "That", "It Has Not Been Implicated Yet";)

And We (Us Testers), Should All look forward to "SN??..........:?" To Confirm This?;)

"Happy Days"!!..........;):D

taters,

wes.;)

ps; maybye i should send in a claim for loss of earnings??...........lmao!:P

Last edited on Thu May 27th, 2010 12:31 am by Wesley

castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
further to the below.reply was-to change all of this requires an act of parliament.due to goverment changes it may not happen till post 2010.who could ever have imagined that a change of government could occur this year?i mean it was only 5 yrs from the last election?that wall eyed twot and all his happy band of minions were almost guaranteed to be f***ed out the door anyway.if this a fair sample of civil service efficiency then the quicker that 1000000 redundancies occur the better.may anyone who believes that i am being unnecassaraiy cynical please advise me of a better species to which i could apply for membership?

Spongebob

Mana: 
I had a Nissan Navarra (or whatever the crewcabbed pickup is they do) booked in for first MOT a couple of weeks ago. The gross weight put it into the dual purpose vehicle category (3210 kg IIRC) BUT how the heck do I know the unladen weight of it? I'm guessing it would be stated on the log book which wasn't presented at the time?? Assuming a payload of around 1000 kg this would be over the weight stated in the manual so we didn't test it, apart from that it was the size of a small county anyway and would probably have been too big for the ramp.

castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
was putting updated pages in manuals today and was specifically looking for this,bearing in mind the sn reckoned early next(this)year and we are now banging on june and the updates concerned tend to be issued on an annual basis.didnt see anything,no change in dpv definitions so sent a message to technical services mentioning all this and asking if i had missed summat or was it being implemented at the same rate as computerisation-i.e. 8 years late.if they deign to reply i will fill you in.

golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
and llandewibreffi

bimmer

Mana: 
they also have this, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch :D

Last edited on Wed May 12th, 2010 02:50 am by bimmer

golf
Trade Member

Mana: 
at least wales had something lol

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi Guys,

need some advice here,;)

Had an LR/Defender 110 DPV in today, when logging on was advised that "class" of vehicle had changed from last year? ie from V11 to 1V.

Phoned "Siemmens" helpline and they advised to phone "local area office" they, advised to phone an 0800...?? number which is in "Wales", "They", Advised a look at SN5 2009, which states "Early Next Year", from the original SN Issue date in "July 2009".

To CMA, I logged off the vehicle "test registered in error"":shock:

"Company Provider" For Vehicles Leased to the "National Trust" phoned us and protested their corner.

I advised them of SN5 2009, then my boss phoned and said tha our local VE had told him that It had not been implicated yet???:?:?:?

wes.

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems