atl brake test results  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon May 31st, 2010 06:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Ok, but remember all the answers are in the book, read it well and often. Your local vosa man will expect you to be able to use the book to find answers too your queries.

Have you had time to watch the vosa training dvd's if not watch them as soon as pos.

Enjoy!!  

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun May 30th, 2010 11:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
t19uea

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote: Hi, have you spoken to your SM or QC as the AE (garage boss) is responsible for all training issues, and it sounds like you need a little help with your equipment and knowledge base, surlly this was covered in your NT training course?

On class 7 the "test" weight is found on the vin plate, but is allways overuled if a "Ministry Plate" is fitted. 

"Class IV, the ATL system has a facility to automatically weigh the vehicle and the presented weight will be used for the brake efficiency calculations. Class VII, the brake efficiency must be calculated using DGW."  

The above is copy/paste from the book of all wisdom, i sugest you have a good read!!

Hope you enjoy your work as a tester, and my all your mistakes be small ones!;)

hi this is all new equptment and the other tester (who used non atl rollers in the past) tryed to tell me to use vsi weights and ignore presented weights.

Posted: Sun May 30th, 2010 07:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Ok, but when checking wot class your presented van is, 4 or 7, you check on the vin plate, yes? The vin plate gives you the gvm that is used as the brake test wieght eg 3400kg. So why use a deceromiter? If you don't know the gvm how do you know it is class 7, not a "hgv" or class4 ?  

Last edited on Sun May 30th, 2010 08:27 pm by kit1958

Posted: Sun May 30th, 2010 07:12 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
there is another one,along the lines of"modern class 7 vans particularily front wheel drive,can fail the brake test on efforts etc,in such a case then the requirements applying to vehicles of unknown test weight should be used"this means essentially you do an inertia test to determine if its above 50%service brake.handbrake efforts remain at 16%gvw.there is a disclaimer about if its already failed on low effort from a given wheel etc,its in the brake section of the manual,read and learn...

Posted: Sun May 30th, 2010 10:33 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
ps dont forget to check if you class 7 is loaded or unloaded and enter in the box if unloaded, as the device will make an alowance for this.

Good luck

Posted: Sun May 30th, 2010 10:30 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi, have you spoken to your SM or QC as the AE (garage boss) is responsible for all training issues, and it sounds like you need a little help with your equipment and knowledge base, surlly this was covered in your NT training course?

On class 7 the "test" weight is found on the vin plate, but is allways overuled if a "Ministry Plate" is fitted. 

"Class IV, the ATL system has a facility to automatically weigh the vehicle and the presented weight will be used for the brake efficiency calculations. Class VII, the brake efficiency must be calculated using DGW."  

The above is copy/paste from the book of all wisdom, i sugest you have a good read!!

Hope you enjoy your work as a tester, and my all your mistakes be small ones!;)

Posted: Sat May 29th, 2010 11:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
t19uea

Mana: 
hi all i am new to testing been doing it for about a month now

when using atl brake rollers the computer calculates the breaking results using the brake force and the measured weight of the vehicle (class 4 & 7)

the question is should i enter the messured weight of the vehicle onto the vts or keep it on the vsi weight as sometimes a vehicle will fail on the atl printout but pass on the vts when using vsi weight

it does mention about using the measured weight for class 7 in the testing manual

thanks

Current time is 04:07 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > atl brake test results Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems