Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Website

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer  
AuthorPost
philgor

Mana: 
trade master, don't we love 'em

the garage i work at has a trade master kit installed and yes maha repair/service the equipment

brake rollers; constant problems with the rollers not stopping (fully automatic)and MAHA had to weld the adjuster back to together after it snapped, it held the motorin place to keep the chain drive to the rollers at the correct tention.

smoke and gas tester: it went through 5 printers in the first 6mths of the year, MAHA put a software update, told us 10-15minuits, 2 1/2 hrs later he finshed it, he had to do a full back to factory settings and start from scratch. we found the major problem with it though, it say's "made in france" on the back

ramp; the grip paint starting to come off no surprise really as it is 4yrs old

headlight aim tester; spot on no issues what so ever

wheel balancer; bastard bloody thing, it was the biggest heap of s**t i have had ever had to work with. it would crash half way through balancing a wheel, you could spin it twice and it would give to completely differnet reading.

to balance a wheel you would have to turn it on, set it up, spin the wheel up bang the wieght's on and turn off the balancer, and repeat the above.

it turned out the curuit board was fooked and would cost £600+vat +fitting. it gone now and been replaced by a bradbury balancer.

relisys

Mana: 
I would give trade master a wide bearth if I was you.  I had a full trade master package brake tester, beam setter smoke and gas and when it came to breakdowns and service they did not want to know. I think the kit looks good but there are better quality machines out there with better after sales service. With light use brake tester failed 3 times, emissions / smoke more than 7 times and they even missed us off the calibrations so machine shut down.

kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
MAHA service engineer due to come to look at brake rollers, we shall see wot hapens ....

mjk
Trade Member

Mana: 
Thanks for the info. Will look into the invertors. Would still value any opinions on the Trademaster brake testers...
Martin

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
mjk wrote: I am re-locating to a new workshop that only has a single phase supply. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with running a 3 phase brake tester via an invertor.
The other option is to buy a new single phase brake tester. The only options I have found so far are either Trademaster (Maha), or Tecalemit. I would appreciate your views on either, or if anyone can suggest an alternative.
Martin 

Hi mjk,

where I work, we have a "phase convertor" (single phase to 3 phase) which we use to power our ramp, my brother uses "phase convertors" to run 3 phase, drills, lathes, and milling machines, etc;

They come in different Hp ratings, and conventional and digital types, well worth some further investigation.

wes.

kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
 We just oppened a new test centre with all new maha atl gear. Comp controled rbt software somtimes work, sometimes not, decided to use in manual mode only. Called service centre, still waiting for reply. On Satday retaining screw on shaker plate fell out, checked all the bolts on rbt, all loose !     I used old Tec gear for years with only small probs, maybe they dont make stuff like they used to!! 

mjk
Trade Member

Mana: 
I am re-locating to a new workshop that only has a single phase supply. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with running a 3 phase brake tester via an invertor.
The other option is to buy a new single phase brake tester. The only options I have found so far are either Trademaster (Maha), or Tecalemit. I would appreciate your views on either, or if anyone can suggest an alternative.
Martin 

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems