New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
M.O.T Fail  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Aug 13th, 2010 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
shpauly

Mana: 
garage express wrote: The bar is not the one in the picture it;ll run at accross the floor to the chassis it is a common part on these they are hollow tube and always corrod thru the only place you will get them in toyota as scrapyards are always corroded to. Mind you they are not cheap from memory from the last 1 i done they were about £90 a side
i passed and advised on these as if you removed them and brought it in for test it wouldnt be noticed,there not a tie bar or connected to suspension.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Aug 12th, 2010 07:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
garage express
Trade Member

Mana: 
The bar is not the one in the picture it;ll run at accross the floor to the chassis it is a common part on these they are hollow tube and always corrod thru the only place you will get them in toyota as scrapyards are always corroded to. Mind you they are not cheap from memory from the last 1 i done they were about £90 a side

Posted: Wed Aug 11th, 2010 10:04 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Big_biscuits

Mana: 
hi,

my car failed it's mot because ;

offside rear (support bar floor to chassis) tie bar / rod corroded and seriously weakened [2.4.G.1]

im having trouble finding this part, and now i've found out i'm been looking at the wrong part.

i posted a picture of what i thought it was,

if it isn't please could you point out what it is and someone i can get one.

thank v.much guy :)

Attachment: dcp_1880[1].jpg (Downloaded 48 times)

Current time is 03:12 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > M.O.T Fail Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems