Where has all the work gone ?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Sep 7th, 2010 09:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
yep,warned my boss that this was gonna happen 6mnths ago.think he now starts to believe me.doesnt take mastermind does it,most of the motors that got scrapped were 10+years old-you know,right about the time when everything was registered around august.instead of a reasonably busy period june-august its now quiet.only just starting to pick up again with the september regs but we are all gonna have a big hole for the next three years.the worst part is that these were also the cars that you got most of your spin off work on.the headline motor traders did well out of the scrappage deal and the government got the required kudos-this after all was the whole point of the exercise-but if you consider the overall spend,the spinoffs with parts/labour etc and the relevant amounts of vat and so on i dont think that the guys costing it all thought it thru.has probably cost them as much as the original incentive or more in aftermarket losses.but hey at least we manged to up koreas export margins.im so ronely,so ronely.....

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Sep 5th, 2010 01:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
russell
Trade Member

Mana: 
it has gone very quiet up here in scotland repair have slowed down too all the traders we deal with are saying the same:(

Posted: Thu Sep 2nd, 2010 06:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
garage express wrote:
I cant comment on how it was this time last year here as i've only been open for 8 mnths and it has slowed down in that time but my old place in essex has gone really quiet they have recently laid off two testers (We were doing average 30 per day) (2 test lanes and 4 testers atl's are great) now they are struggling with 10 per day also the repair side has seemed to have dropped off. Did that many people take up the scrappage scheme??? :?

our work slacked off & has been nowhere near as busy as this time last year , things have just started to pick up again over the last couple of weeks .
maybe the scrappage scheme did take more cars off the road than we thought .

Posted: Thu Sep 2nd, 2010 04:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
garage express
Trade Member

Mana: 
I cant comment on how it was this time last year here as i've only been open for 8 mnths and it has slowed down in that time but my old place in essex has gone really quiet they have recently laid off two testers (We were doing average 30 per day) (2 test lanes and 4 testers atl's are great) now they are struggling with 10 per day also the repair side has seemed to have dropped off. Did that many people take up the scrappage scheme??? :?

Posted: Thu Sep 2nd, 2010 01:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
removalizer
Trade Member

Mana: 
This time last year I was doing 10 tests per day, now I am down to 5, anybody else suffering ?

Current time is 03:11 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > General Off-Topic 'Discussions' - when it gets down to the fine detail | MOT Forum > Where has all the work gone ? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems