Range Rover  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Mar 5th, 2011 08:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
still,i suppose this is the same department that when confronted with(illegal)hydraulic handbrakes tell us to pass and advise that"a proper parking brake may need fitting for a future test"so hopes were never high were they?

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Feb 9th, 2011 11:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
castrolrob wrote: issueing an advisory along the lines of"vehicle design is a f***up,unable to properly assess some items/areas"is indeed possible but frowned upon by certain sections of the relevant authority,cant think why.miss out the expletives however and it could be a valid defence,original design characteristics must be accepted etc etc.what puzzles me is that a parking brake is also supposed to be a secondary means of braking-i.e an emergency brake to be utilised in the event of a main braking system failure-and while modern design renders this less likely to be used as such why are systems specifically designed NOT to operate when the vehicle is moving now making their way thru the type approval system?answers on the back of a postage stamp in capital letters c/o vosa,we just test em,numpty road,ministry of transport.

:D:D:D we all feel your pain;)

Posted: Sun Feb 6th, 2011 08:17 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
issueing an advisory along the lines of"vehicle design is a f***up,unable to properly assess some items/areas"is indeed possible but frowned upon by certain sections of the relevant authority,cant think why.miss out the expletives however and it could be a valid defence,original design characteristics must be accepted etc etc.what puzzles me is that a parking brake is also supposed to be a secondary means of braking-i.e an emergency brake to be utilised in the event of a main braking system failure-and while modern design renders this less likely to be used as such why are systems specifically designed NOT to operate when the vehicle is moving now making their way thru the type approval system?answers on the back of a postage stamp in capital letters c/o vosa,we just test em,numpty road,ministry of transport.

Posted: Sat Feb 5th, 2011 07:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Cheers Bob, I thought it was just me!!
I remember reading somthing about the VW passat EPB, somthing like "if you apply the EPB when moving the service brake will apply" and I can't help wondering if Land Rover use somthing simalar as when I try'd it stopped very quickly. I wish we had a good slope near our place!
Is anyone on this forum any wiser than me (not very hard) on these things and as a side issue is "unable to test electronic park brake" an rfr?
Any views welcome :)

Posted: Sat Feb 5th, 2011 01:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
have had the same problem with the same result,have given them to managers/other testers to eliminate any possible problems with the nut behind the wheel,they had no better luck.have given up on vsi and just park the damn things on a slope or apply epb when just barely moving,believe me,when it operates you WILL feel it.the real problems will start a few years down the road when the efforts deteriorate to borderline levels but hey ho....

Posted: Sat Jan 29th, 2011 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote:
Kev, I an sure that I followed the instructions to the letter but just couldn't make it work. Do you have a short drive first, or do it slowly or quickly, is there something i'm not seeing in the instructions? Not realy looking forward to this test :(

Just followed the instructions to the letter , can't remember exactly what they are now , but have tested more than one & had no problems .

Posted: Sat Jan 29th, 2011 08:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Kev, I an sure that I followed the instructions to the letter but just couldn't make it work. Do you have a short drive first, or do it slowly or quickly, is there something i'm not seeing in the instructions? Not realy looking forward to this test :(

Posted: Fri Jan 28th, 2011 09:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote:
I had the pleasure of looking at a RR Sport on service with a view to testing it next week, not seen one with epb, so I looked on the vsi how to test. Apply footbrake etc etc etc, but when the "beding in" display should have come on it didn't. I followed the process a couple of times but gave up before it all went wrong with an induced code or worse. :?
My question is how do you make it go into test mode, or is it just a myth :?:?

I have tested a few now following the VSI & had no problems at all .
maybe there is already a fault on the car

Posted: Fri Jan 28th, 2011 05:02 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I had the pleasure of looking at a RR Sport on service with a view to testing it next week, not seen one with epb, so I looked on the vsi how to test. Apply footbrake etc etc etc, but when the "beding in" display should have come on it didn't. I followed the process a couple of times but gave up before it all went wrong with an induced code or worse. :?
My question is how do you make it go into test mode, or is it just a myth :?:?

Current time is 11:52 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Technical Forum > Technical Discussions - Description | MOT Forum > Range Rover Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems