board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Printer Friendly
Refreshers on course?  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 11:30 pm

21st Post
NITROS44

Mana: 
Aylesbury Jock wrote: I don't have a problem with the practice of doing fast track retests for emissions.It actually makes sense to me. I have a problem with the instructions being given out one class at a time, as testers go for their refreshers. If the test is changed, every tester needs to be informed when the change is implemented. Every other thread on the forum just lately is highlighting a difference of opinion between testers, which means different standards of testing, and a lot of them are originating in the refresher courses. If anybody from VOSA is listening, we could do everybody being told the same thing. Chuck a few special notices our way, because it really would help us at the sharp end, if we knew what you actually wantWell put jock.:)

remember what MRS GREENING said earlier in the year when she announced that the test frequency was remaining the same.:)

In that statement she also mentioned that VOSA were sadly lacking and losing focus with regards to the MOT testing scheme:XIn my opinion its never changed

I think she was correct:X

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 11:19 pm

22nd Post
NITROS44

Mana: 
I would have to agree with jock and wait for SN,:)

It does seem more practical to be able to fast track the issue but for me to keep everything right i would rather log the retest and tie the emissions print with the vt40,apart from that my AE demands it

Whilst it may be correct that testers are being informed to fastrack emissions retests,then why not let everyone know,however the last time i asked VOSA if it was ok to fastrack the emission,the answer i received was that it still has to be registered in the correct way as per the TESTING GUIDE or have trainers forgot this:shock:

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 11:02 pm

23rd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
I don't have a problem with the practice of doing fast track retests for emissions.It actually makes sense to me. I have a problem with the instructions being given out one class at a time, as testers go for their refreshers. If the test is changed, every tester needs to be informed when the change is implemented. Every other thread on the forum just lately is highlighting a difference of opinion between testers, which means different standards of testing, and a lot of them are originating in the refresher courses. If anybody from VOSA is listening, we could do everybody being told the same thing. Chuck a few special notices our way, because it really would help us at the sharp end, if we knew what you actually want

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 10:19 pm

24th Post
fedup

Mana: 
Every refresher I've been on I've noticed that between the whole class we've all been told different things by our local VE's.This was very apparent on the last one whilst carrying out certain parts of the practical test. Until VOSA staff all sing from the same song sheet then we'll always be doing things differently.

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 09:53 pm

25th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
Tim wrote:
I was told the same thing.
It does make sense because the only measurements that you enter on the computer are brake readings.
So why not do a fast track retest for emmisions and headlamp alignment ??:D

can't see the problem as long as the emissions print out is filed

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 08:53 pm

26th Post
Tim

Mana: 
I was told the same thing.
It does make sense because the only measurements that you enter on the computer are brake readings.
So why not do a fast track retest for emmisions and headlamp alignment ??:D

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 05:19 pm

27th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I thought the same about measured values, but a lad at our place was told on his NT course in Feb, that you can fast track emissions. :shock:

Posted: Sun Apr 22nd, 2012 04:38 pm

28th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
In an earlier post Stealth was shocked and surprised that testers should come back from their courses having been told to go against the instructions in the manual. One of my testers had his refresher last week, and was told that we can to a fast track retest for emission failures as the results are not recorded on the computer. Personally I thought any measured item needed a partial retest, so I will wait for the SN. Any thoughts?

Current time is 05:42 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Refreshers on course? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems