Mana: 
Lol

Posted: Fri May 4th, 2012 09:28 am

2nd Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
KevG wrote:
COULD or Does jock. ?

OK I could have worded it better, as 'which is able to'.:)

Posted: Thu May 3rd, 2012 07:15 pm

3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
you are only ENTITLED to a free retest on some basic items,lights/wipers/tyres to mention a few.a c/v gaiter would not be covered and as a result the garage concerned is entitled to charge for a partial retest as mentioned below.you may be getting confused with the fact that some stations provide a free partial retest as part of their pricing/marketing,this is NOT a requirement.your failure sheet should have wording on it to this effect,summat along the lines of"you are entitled to a partial retest within 10 working days and a fee may be charged"if all else fails read the paperwork in front of you.if your concern is that the vehicle was incorrectly failed however thats a different kettle of fish.could you post again with a fuller expression of your concerns regarding the fact that it failed?

Posted: Thu May 3rd, 2012 03:54 pm

4th Post
KwikFit

Mana: 
andygunner wrote: Hello,

My car failed its MOT today. It needs 1x new out CV boot.

If I get this done tomorrow morning (at another garage), and then return it by say midday, would I be entitled to a free re-test?

I have made the huge mistake of going to Kwik Fit, and so has my partner. They have failed both cars - the garage we went to afterwards said Kwik Fit have been very harsh on us and just looking to maximise what they can make us do to pass the MOT.

Anyway if anyone can let me know if I am entitled to the free re-test for a failure on the CV boot then that would be great.

Hi,

Andy from Kwik Fit here. I just wanted to answer your question above. The VOSA guidelines on re-test are quite clear: If the vehicle is removed from the testing station for repair and returned for re-test within 10 working days following the day of initial failure, then only a partial re test is needed and a partial re test fee may be charged.

If there's anything you'd like to ask me directly, feel free to send me an email -

Kind regards,
Andy

Posted: Wed May 2nd, 2012 10:34 pm

5th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
COULD or Does jock. ?

Posted: Wed May 2nd, 2012 08:23 pm

6th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
You can check the retest fee details on your failure paperwork, but since it has been removed from the premises for repair, you will be subject to a partial retest fee, usually half the test fee. Just out of curiosity, do you know if the gaiter is split? If so, then Kwik Fit are not being harsh, but doing their job, because a split which could open up as the gaiter flexes and allow dirt into the joint is a reason to fail.

Posted: Wed May 2nd, 2012 05:36 pm

7th Post
andygunner

Mana: 
Hello,

My car failed its MOT today. It needs 1x new out CV boot.

If I get this done tomorrow morning (at another garage), and then return it by say midday, would I be entitled to a free re-test?

I have made the huge mistake of going to Kwik Fit, and so has my partner. They have failed both cars - the garage we went to afterwards said Kwik Fit have been very harsh on us and just looking to maximise what they can make us do to pass the MOT.

Anyway if anyone can let me know if I am entitled to the free re-test for a failure on the CV boot then that would be great.

Current time is 04:25 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Can I get a free re-test? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems