board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
VT32 Question  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Feb 17th, 2008 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
it stopped being about roadsafety a decade or more back when proscribed areas came in.the advise sheet isnt to help the presenter or contribute to anything else except covering YOUR a**e.more appeals have succeeded on legal loopholes than faulty tests-we are greasemonkeys not lawyers.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Feb 16th, 2008 10:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
tinsnips

Mana: 
vt32 don't just inform presenters of likely upcoming problems they also protect the n.t's from the v.e saying you missed an item that might have been boarder line at time of test. i.e  nearside rear wheel bearing has slight play , ten days later bearing seizes up due to lack of maintenance i.e shy of grease(not seen on test as no disassemble aloud) your a**e is covered, if no vt32 issued the v.e will say did you test properly. so i always advise testable and non-testable items just to cover my a**e.

Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2007 08:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Appeal noyices are for pass or fail, if he were to appael against the test it would be that he thought the discs should have failed, and even if the VE agreed and you had advised its got nowhwere to go.

Posted: Mon Nov 19th, 2007 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
It makes you wonder why we bother sometimes. Talk about a no-win situation!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 10:32 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
beany196

Mana: 

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 03:16 pm

RICH wrote

just like to ask other testers if they have had a issue were we issued a vt32 on a vehicle for slightly worn front discs with a pass cert .The client kicked off so much that you would of thought we had smashed his car up . He also insisded he had a appeal notice . All this for a advisory his words were we are ripping the public off and frightening them in having work carried out on there vehicles . He also quoted he wouldnt come here again GOOD!!!!

You`re not alone with that issue.  Had customer who became VERY abusive when given VT32, even printed Appeal form for him, that ( unintentionally )wound him up even more as it takes ages to print one off system. Do appeal forms apply to VT32 ? It would seem ridiculous for a customer to appeal on informative ( minor ) advises if the vehicle passed the test in all respects. Customer was `asked` not to come back due to his (witnessed) abusive behaviour.

Last edited on Sat Oct 13th, 2007 10:38 pm by beany196

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2007 09:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
motorwise

Mana: 
Wesley wrote: Here`s  the Scenario,

Both rear brake hoses have excessively corroded ferrules, and the nearside rear brake pipe is excessively corroded, "FAIL"

The offside rear brake pipe "retaining nut" is corroded, But the brake pipe is OK. "Advise"

So When the brake pipe Shears off when the brake hoses are Replaced, You have already advised "The Presenter" of an "Issue" concerning the offside rear brake pipe

If The brake pipe has to be replaced, then it is no longer an Advisory Issue, because You had to replace it and will not need to be Advised upon again. Cleansing "The System"

If You were Lucky enough to replace the offside rear brake hose by cleaning the pipe retaining nut and be able to complete The Job without replacement, Then it Is still an Advisory Issue and should be Advised upon Again. CYA?

Wes.

now the machine give you boxes to tick for the previous advises - if the advises have been addressed don't tick - if they haven't then tick the box - if any of the boxes are unchecked a v32 is issued with the pass - if the boxes are all ticked it doesn't

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2007 09:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
motorwise

Mana: 
Daz wrote: Would that be the one dated june 2007 on the notice page,and september 2007 actually on the notice....

thats the one :D:D

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2007 12:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Here`s  the Scenario,

Both rear brake hoses have excessively corroded ferrules, and the nearside rear brake pipe is excessively corroded, "FAIL"

The offside rear brake pipe "retaining nut" is corroded, But the brake pipe is OK. "Advise"

So When the brake pipe Shears off when the brake hoses are Replaced, You have already advised "The Presenter" of an "Issue" concerning the offside rear brake pipe

If The brake pipe has to be replaced, then it is no longer an Advisory Issue, because You had to replace it and will not need to be Advised upon again. Cleansing "The System"

If You were Lucky enough to replace the offside rear brake hose by cleaning the pipe retaining nut and be able to complete The Job without replacement, Then it Is still an Advisory Issue and should be Advised upon Again. CYA?

Wes.

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2007 09:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Daz

Mana: 
Would that be the one dated june 2007 on the notice page,and september 2007 actually on the notice....

Posted: Thu Sep 27th, 2007 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
motorwise

Mana: 
nicknak wrote: Check the last special notice guys problem solved

so I see :cool:

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2007 04:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Check the last special notice guys problem solved

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2007 04:48 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
sunwinluffbra

Mana: 
We were told to do 2 copies of the VT32 and keep one on file for 2 weeks so if the vehicle is brought back for retest and only the VT30 was brought in we would still have a list of the advises because BOTH the fails and advises should be retested as the advise items could have become fails in the meantime. Also a new list of advise items should be produced! He also said that all retests should have the brake performance rechecked regardless of the fails? I think that the VE's for each different area have a slightly different view.

Posted: Wed Sep 26th, 2007 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Martin K

Mana: 
The new update has made it much easier to re-issue the advises.

Definately annoy car salesmen now. :D

Posted: Sat Sep 8th, 2007 10:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
motorwise

Mana: 
kev1975 wrote: i always re issue a vt32 for the items that are still present , the reason i do it is if someone was to check the mot history of the vehicle & it shows the failure & advisory items & then it passes without any advisories this would appear that all the previously advised items had been rectified .

not to mention the fact that it winds up the local used car salesman :D

I agree (specially with the second bit :D:D)

Posted: Fri Sep 7th, 2007 06:59 pm
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
i always re issue a vt32 for the items that are still present , the reason i do it is if someone was to check the mot history of the vehicle & it shows the failure & advisory items & then it passes without any advisories this would appear that all the previously advised items had been rectified .

not to mention the fact that it winds up the local used car salesman :D

Posted: Thu Aug 2nd, 2007 03:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
rich

Mana: 
just like to ask other testers if they have had a issue were we issued a vt32 on a vehicle for slightly worn front discs with a pass cert .The client kicked off so much that you would of thought we had smashed his car up . He also insisded he had a appeal notice . All this for a advisory his words were we are ripping the public off and frightening them in having work carried out on there vehicles . He also quoted he wouldnt come here again GOOD!!!!

Posted: Sat Jul 21st, 2007 12:37 am
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
mottyk

Mana: 
I believe you should issue a new vt32 for a retest, the reason is the origial vt32 has the test number relating to the fail and not the test number on the vt 20. If you do a PRS test, you will be prompted to run off two vt32's fist one carries the vt20 test number, the second has the vt30 number

I don't agree with this proceedure, and I don't produce another vt32, as I have banged on about before I'm a mechanic not an administrator, but yes vosa ( correct that SBS ) do expect you to reissue. comes under the  " at the time of the test " umbrella. 

Further it chews up vt32's at an alarming rate. I dont know about the the rest of you out there but I order wads of vt32's, with the slots and never get them.

mottk

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2007 06:41 pm
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Our VI guy said the same as NikNaks, retest and re-advise if needed.

Kev

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2007 12:49 am
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Weetabix

Mana: 
nicknak wrote: When doing the re-test you should be checking the fail items and the advise to see if its still advise and not now a fail.

Really ?

So if a vehicle failed on minor items - such as tyre / wiper / light, but had a long list of advisories - many of which require the vehicle to be put on the lift / rolling road, etc... The vehicle returns for retestin the next day, are you saying that we should re-check all the advisories and not even be permitted to charge for our time ?

Last edited on Mon Jul 9th, 2007 12:50 am by

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2007 11:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
When doing the re-test you should be checking the fail items and the advise to see if its still advise and not now a fail.

Current time is 03:58 am Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > VT32 Question Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems