board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer  
AuthorPost
Ian Hutchinson

Mana: 
I've noticed this also, I have been using rfr for pre 2008 if that's makes sense at the end of the day the emission print out says that it failed so thats good enough for me don't know if that's right or wrong tho :?:?

Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
D'oh

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Aylesbury Jock wrote: Your machine should be updated to have the Euro 4/5(from memory)selection along with the turbo or non turbo choice. that is what will, and indeed does fail later models.

Yes Jock,

You are correct, the dga`s have been updated and you select the correct age of vehicle from this, etc,;)

It is the vts device details of rfr items that would fall into a failure that are missing on pre 07/2008 details, that are On the vts device, post 07/2008 which is what i was actually enquiring about.;)

I have come across these options of "dated" rfr`s on other items? but not on emissions? doh! ;)

Many Thanks,  Kit1958.:cool:

Last edited on Fri Aug 10th, 2012 11:15 pm by Wesley

Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
Your machine should be updated to have the Euro 4/5(from memory)selection along with the turbo or non turbo choice. that is what will, and indeed does fail later models.

kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I saw this recently when you test a post 2008 diesel the new limit option will be available on the vts device ;)

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi guys,

When it comes to an emissions fail on a diesel/heavy oil vehicle, there seems to be only three options, pre 197*5? vehicles and pre 07/08 vehicles, with or without a turbo fitted or not!

Where are the options to "fail" a  2008/2009 vehicle?:? I am fully aware of the requirements to measure rpm on low emissions vehicles, but some day pretty soon, i feel that I am going to encounter one of these vehicles, that will not meet the requirements?

what then??:?

Last edited on Thu Aug 9th, 2012 11:46 pm by Wesley

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems