board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, martins, KevG, bimmer  
AuthorPost
NITROS44

Mana: 
A few people have tried that with me,however iam still here and their not.

Wes:) my advice would be to educate first,if that fails then, bail:)

Tony Gingell
Trade Member

Mana: 
We also allow and hour per MOT.
If the new man says he can do them in 45 min, then book in three old Diesel vehicles in after the other for testing, throw in a couple of retest's and watch him sweat.

Favell
Trade Member

Mana: 
Coffee and biscuits - Choccie hobnobs? :D

and of course a chat with the owner if it's an interesting car.;)

russell
Trade Member

Mana: 
i agree with you it takes as long as it takes we get older cars in on average we work on 1 hour slots there is always time for coffeeand a bisciut

markt

Mana: 
we too book them in hourly slots even though most test take nowhere near an hour to complete...just allows time for late comers,problems with equipment,paperwork/talking to vehicle presenters after the test..oh...and a quick cuppa.lol :D:D

kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
test takes as long as it takes & thats it , we book them every hour , sod that 45 minutes lark :D

kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
I don't think you have much to bother about, these high flyer types usuly fly off pretty quickly!

Last edited on Thu Nov 1st, 2012 06:50 pm by kit1958

Favell
Trade Member

Mana: 
My average time is also 48 minutes.

I was chatting to someone the other day while one of the NT's was testing his BMW M5.

he asked "how long will it take?"
I said "anything up to an hour on something like that, but if it was your wife's 206 it would take less time".

I then had to explain why premium model cars take longer to test than basic cars.

I know a couple of garages round here use 45 minute slots for their MOT's, but I'm sticking with 60 minute slots. I plan to get an ATL bay in the new year, I will have another look at the average times then.

Fav

Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi All,

We have recently Adopted a "New to Us Member" of Staff, at "Front of House",:( Who used to work at one of our "chosen" or not, "Your Preference", supermarket retail chains,;) That, "Thrive" On "Statistics"!:shock:

They have "Attended" one of those, "One Day", "Brainwashing"! "Seminars" on "Statistics" and now "Think"?:? That they are really "Qualified" and are Growing a Pair!:shock: 

"An Inspection"? Surely? "takes as long as it takes"? The "National Average", Is about 48 minutes? some vehicles take less time and some vehicles take more time to carry out an inspection correctly?:?

"This New Introduction"? "driven by an "acountant"!:shock: and an "Outsider"?:shock: Is Expecting a "non atl" test lane to carry out "All" Vehicle Inspections, In, 0.75 mins??:shock: My Average Is, = 48 mins.;)

What Now?:?

Do I Try to to "Educate" "such persons"??.... Or "Bail"??:?

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems