board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, martins, KevG, bimmer
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Vehicle "First Registrations" Entered on to the DVLA Register Incorrecly! Now coming to Li  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 7th, 2013 04:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
sophiawhite

Mana: 
You’ll have to pay a fee of £55 if you’re registering and taxing a vehicle for the first time with DVLA.

You don’t have to pay for some vehicles, including:

* those first registered and licensed in the disabled exempt taxation class
    * historic vehicles previously registered with the old local authorities (late conversions)
    * vehicles previously registered in Northern Ireland
    * imported vehicles previously registered under the personal export scheme and new means of transport scheme
    * visiting forces vehicles
    * vehicles registered under the direct export scheme
    * vehicles registered for off-road use only
    * crown exempt vehicles

[Commercial link removed]

Last edited on Thu Feb 7th, 2013 04:55 pm by martins

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Nov 20th, 2012 11:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Hi kit1958,;)

Sorry forgot to mention it was a first registered 2009 vehicle in for it`s First MOT, the "original", "NT" just clicked the "select vehicle" option, not expecting the "Citroen" Dealer, to have "Registered" the "Vehicle" Details "Incorrectly" at the "Date of First Registration", With DVLA.:shock: 

I Don`t understand How? "They", The "Citroen" Dealer, After Three Years of "Dealer Sevicing", can present a vehicle for it`s first MOT, with the "vehicle" details, registered with DVLA, "Still" Incorrect!:shock: (Rant!);)

I "Abandoned" the original inspection re-test, selecting the "Incorrect Vehicle Details" option, and finally, after many phone calls, managed to speak to the "VOSA" Advisors, (helpdesk).

They, Advised, That A New, "Full Inspection", should be "Registered", On Comp, and  "select", the "search from the vsi" option, and "select" the "Correct" Vehicle Details, for the "Vehicle" Presented.;)

Also, To Inform them, the "Citroen" Dealer, of "Their" "Original", "Bad", and "Advise" Them, to contact DVLA, to "Resolve" their Original Issue.;) 

"Rant"! Over.;)

Last edited on Wed Nov 21st, 2012 12:15 am by Wesley

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2012 09:23 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
A few years ago I was SM at a test centre. One day an angry red faced bloke came in demanding a FREE mot!!
When I asked why he should have 1 he said that we had done a test with incorrect details & he could not tax his car. When I looked at his new pass it had my name at the bottom :shock::shock:
I rang VOSA thinking that some points are coming my way, but they said if the v5 & pass cert were shown to them that they would make the corrections that the car was the 1 I had tested :D:D
When I looked into what had happened the other NT had created a new record with the incorrect reg number & failed it on some minor items, with me checking said items a day or so later, & passing with the wrong reg num.
Lessons learned all round for the NT, presenter & me. Alls well that ends well I suppose.
Wes I reckon that last years pass was also wrong.

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2012 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Favell
Trade Member

Mana: 
We've had some 'date of first use' incorrect recently.

Had to ask the presenters bring in their V5 documents and work to that, the most recent was a car that was failing the emission test on lambda as it was being tested as 1995 car, the V5 proved it was 1994 car and it passed on lambda!

Just shows you need to keep your eyes open for others mistakes.

Fav

Posted: Wed Nov 14th, 2012 09:46 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Only thing is ring vosa thay can make corrections.

Posted: Wed Nov 14th, 2012 01:10 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
One of our NT`s,:(

Registered a Vehicle for an Inspection Using the Information provided by the System, All of the vehicle "selection" boxes were "greyed out":( so, he subsequently clicked on the "select" vehicle details option and "fortunately" for Us, "Failed the Vehicle".;)

On the, Re- Presentation for the, "Re-Test"?, "The Original"? "Registrar"?:? Informs "Us":shock::(,  That the "Vehicle, Details", When, We, "Initially " Inspected the Vehicle, were Incorrect!:shock: "Re Test"? registered and Abandoned!

The, New Inspection, Was Registersed, and "selected"as a "Citroen" C3,;) The original details? a little sketchy??:?

Why? Pass This "Bad":( On to Us, "Testers"?:? Without getting Your Own "House" in "Order First"!!:shock:

Current time is 07:27 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > Vehicle "First Registrations" Entered on to the DVLA Register Incorrecly! Now coming to Li Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems