New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
VOSA Audit  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 29th, 2007 06:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
clayhead

Mana: 
we had our audit last week and apart from turning up out of the blue it was fine, just a few minor shortcomings over bits of kit in the marked area  and some updated pages not inserted in the 4/7 guide but it was usefull to have our ve here for a few hours to see how we do the volume of cars every day .he arrived at 8.30 and by 9am there were 9 trade cars all parked up and ready to test so with our apprentice assisting with the emmisions test both  of us comfortably did two cars per hour each. both our performance reports show us averaging 13 tests each and our ve could see that the bulk of our work is very clean very late cars and a lot a taxi /minibuses most around 1-3 years old. touch wood we wont get a bad score:)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 10:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
mottyk

Mana: 
I feel the thing is with trade discounting is you become a convieniance, I am of the opinion that if you offer a dicount you would expect the vehicle to have at least a look over of obvious defects I am try to get my my people to only discount if they pass &  charge the full fee if they fail, as none of the expect to pay for a re-test.

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 10:06 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
didnt say we did em dirt cheap,full rate with 10%discount if  theyve used us b4,trade mots£41.00

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 07:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
clayhead

Mana: 
it would be nice to charge near to the retail price for tests but to keep busy we have to discount especailly as the national rip off chains will do £25 offers near to my place

Posted: Thu Jun 21st, 2007 08:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
matt
Trade Member

Mana: 
i totally agree with you kevg

We thought at our garage computerisation would have been a great opportunity for everyone to finally charge the full price, and then with the new retest regs we thought free re tests would come to an end.

But no!! you now see adverts in our area in the paper for mots at £25 and free retests. Back to how they were before computerisation. So because of this we all have to discount and all miss out on more money.

Come on people, do the maths.

10 Mots a day @£25 = £250

10 Mots a day @£50 = £500

Why do they do it?? But i think people are getting wise to the cheap mot. Because they realise the garage have to make there money somehow. And theres only one way they do it.

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 06:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
If it was up to me. everyone would pay the same. Its not hard to see why VOSA frown on discounting is it? No discount = No rush = Quality test.

And  before you all jump in I do discount because I have to to get the biz.

I we all stopped doing it we'd all be better off!!

Kev

Posted: Sat Jun 9th, 2007 10:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
how then wud you penalise the guy fetching you say-20 tests a week as opposed to the punter fetching you 1-4 tests a year?

Last edited on Tue Jun 19th, 2007 06:49 pm by KevG

Posted: Sat Jun 9th, 2007 02:15 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
911mot

Mana: 
 I'm glad I read that before you deleted it, RETRO. Very informative, thanks for the heads up.  Did you break a rule by posting it or sommat? :(

Last edited on Sat Jun 9th, 2007 02:16 pm by 911mot

Posted: Fri Jun 8th, 2007 09:39 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
RETROWHEELSRACING

Mana: 

Last edited on Fri Jun 8th, 2007 10:12 pm by RETROWHEELSRACING

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2007 03:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
sunwinluffbra

Mana: 
Been having this argument at work recently, MY view is that th MOT test should be a fixed price at all stations thereby giving the impression that a MOT is an MOT wherever it's done!! Plus trade discount seems to be a bit of a bad business move to me, you charge the customer in the street who comes into your garage and buys his/her car or pays you to sevice his pride and joy full whack, and give the opposition who is out there taking bussiness off you a discount??? Some customer loyalty scheme, seems backwards to me:shock:

Posted: Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 09:30 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Weetabix

Mana: 
What about discounting to the trade ?  VOSA look on this as a black mark - are we all going to stop discounting and sell the MOT at the full price ?

Posted: Thu May 31st, 2007 10:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Not yet, had all the bumf through though, Heres a tip. Ask for reports etc on the device on a regular basis, it looks good, and thats one of the criteria.

Kev

Posted: Thu May 31st, 2007 02:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
sunwinluffbra

Mana: 
Hi, has anyone out there had thier VOSA audit for targeted enforcement done yet??

Current time is 04:29 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > VOSA Audit Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems