How to become an M.o.t tester  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Mar 31st, 2013 08:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
volksjim
Trade Member

Mana: 
hands on experiance is still the way to BE a good tester,met plenty over the years who can talk the talk,

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Mar 31st, 2013 02:27 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
aqua87

Mana: 
yes they do offer that service, i was going to use them to gain ata and go to test that way as i did not go to college as i teached myself,

in the end went ntta and passed after reading fundments of mechanics for three months and smashing the exam

good luck

Posted: Sun Mar 31st, 2013 01:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
luke123

Mana: 
Hi thanks for the info, I found a website called premier m.o.t and it says they will sponsor you to become an m.o.t tester?

Posted: Sun Mar 31st, 2013 01:51 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
aqua87

Mana: 
You need to be put forward by a testing station, also you need train so you will defo need to be working or have a good relationship with a mot station.

Posted: Sun Mar 31st, 2013 01:09 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
DB9

Mana: 
luke123 wrote: Hi Im Luke, New to the forum etc.

Im an apprentice in college 1 day aweek, and im just finishing of my Level 2 now at college and hopefully doing my level 3 next year.

What i would like to know is how to become an m.o.t tester when the garage you work for doesnt do m.o.t testing?

Kind Regards Luke Robinson

Hi Luke,

see the link for qualifications and training to become an mot tester.

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/doitonline/bl/mottestingmanualsandguides/mottestingmanualsandguides.htm

Within that guide is all the necessary information you require, but from your thread I think you will need to find another job in a testing station because you must have an Authorised Examiner, that is a person who manages/owns a test station to sponsor you as a nominated tester.

Good luck.:)

Posted: Sat Mar 30th, 2013 04:52 am
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
luke123

Mana: 
Hi Im Luke, New to the forum etc.

Im an apprentice in college 1 day aweek, and im just finishing of my Level 2 now at college and hopefully doing my level 3 next year.

What i would like to know is how to become an m.o.t tester when the garage you work for doesnt do m.o.t testing?

Kind Regards Luke Robinson

Current time is 07:24 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Training and Seminars - Reviews, Dates, Questions | MOT Forum > How to become an M.o.t tester Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems