software update 10/06/207 & SN 5/2007  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2007 11:15 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Thet dont tell anyone. And by the way it takes 6 months to change something thats wrong start to finish.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 08:31 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Rebel wrote:
Under RFR list - suspension - there are now TWO sub headings for driveshafts,
one just has a couple of advisory options and the other has all the RFR's.

DC

Thats the one I was refering to.

kev

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 07:22 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
911mot

Mana: 
I just use the numbers to short cut. 8630 for CVs, 8141 Brake pipes etc etc.

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 07:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
KevG
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Why are split CV boots so difficult to find on the device now?

Why do they do this and not tell us?

AARRGGHH

Kev

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 09:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
mottyk

Mana: 
Thanks for the responce guys, my beef is how are we expected to maintain an informed & compliant examination, when the goalposts are moved with out notice.

I spent about ten years away from the motor trade, I was working for a major manufacture & distibutor, and was in at the early stages of computerised databases, trust me this is just the tip of the iceburg. Things will continue to change, without notice, some will be minor stuff, some will cause the whole thing to crash - remember THAT week, software upgrade.

There will be a lot of us having the truosers pulled down, on VE visits ect. They can and will thow numbers, comparisons & percentages from all angles, when you are under the impression your doing a good job - and you are, in so far as your interpritation of the printed word.

VE's will be the same, we all seek advice & guidance from them when we meet, as I'm sure they do from us, change the VE & what happens ? - Asked one a while back, why a class V dosen't have the back end jacked up? The answer no reason if you want do it do it. Asked another VE, and the answer was not for any reason: their understanding of the book as they see it. We is all only human stand by your guns when your familar PC start lobbing crap at you from places you never knew even existed.

I HAVE THE TEE SHIRT    

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 12:51 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Rebel
Trade Member

Mana: 
I also noticed today that some of the headlamp RFR's and advisorys have been moved around.

(keep on fixing it till it breaks) :X

DC

Posted: Wed Jun 13th, 2007 10:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Rebel
Trade Member

Mana: 
I very rerely use the pre scripted advisorys as they are mostly either totally inapropriate or not descriptive enough.

But I do issue manually worded VT32's with probably more than 80% of my tests.

DC

Posted: Wed Jun 13th, 2007 09:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
im not actually aware of many testable items/areas that could not be both advise or fail dependent on condition.am so fed up with scrolling thru items purely to find if i can advise them or not.previous update removed the ability to issue more than about 7 manual advisories. unless you start entering multiple advisories on some entries(which i find the punters have difficulty spotting)some of the real wrecks take forever to issue.what sort of advisory is say,brake pipe slightly corroded?if this was the case it wud b barely worth advising in the first place!where is the advisory that says, here geezer,these are all about  shagged especially the ones above the tank that i can barely see.you need em sorted pretty soon!there is not a single number plate advisory for instance.any 1 out there who HASNT seen one starting to discolour?

Posted: Wed Jun 13th, 2007 01:01 pm
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Rebel
Trade Member

Mana: 
Im not surprised that the deteriorated wiper blade has been taken off the system as it has never been a legitimate reason for refusal. - It's not in the manual and should have never been on the computer.
Some VI's had even instructed NT's not to use it.

I have found a new c*ck up this morning though -

Under RFR list - suspension - there are now TWO sub headings for driveshafts,
one just has a couple of advisory options and the other has all the RFR's.

I wonder how many months it'll take to correct?

DC

Posted: Tue Jun 12th, 2007 09:16 pm
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
mottyk

Mana: 
Is it me, or has senility finally got the better of me. There was a system upgrade over the weekend, we were all mailed it was to happen.

Saturday I had occasion to fail a pair of wipers & used the rfr deteriorated, best described the state of the component. Had another one late yesterday went to the rfr no longer there ! !

Anyone had prior notice of this removal ?

We are expected to keep up to date guides & manuals ( hard copies ) for customer assistance and testers alike, I can no longer close mine with all the little tweaks I’ve inserted since we went live with this system. I know we have the pc version at our disposal but you get my drift.

Situation now is every time there is a software change, I stay after close of business , book on a training test & trawl through the rfr’s to see if I can spot any changes, this is usually accompanied by a mail the next day to say I was testing out of hours ! !

OK on to sn 5/2007

Anyone ploughed through this NEW VTS MANUAL  ! gonna take a week just to print for the file, never mind take it in. We are mechanics – testers not administrators, times not far back, any changes to procedures ect caused vosa a lot of time & money to inform all testing stations, now a list given to a keyboard operator at sbs an we have seek out the changes.

Anyone else feel the same or are you going to take my wheels off

mottyk    

Current time is 04:20 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > software update 10/06/207 & SN 5/2007 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems