Watch out for the VOSA automobile  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Apr 17th, 2009 08:49 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
we had one 3 mnths back,tester finished the car,ran it out,logged results then 2 vosa guys stroll in and say run that citroen you just tested back on the ramp,we gonna test it.no problems fortunately.apparently the owner can tell em-piss off i aint got another 3/4 of an hour-and they have to let it go,other than that cross your fingers.big brother is most definately watching.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 10:57 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?.com:D

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 10:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
AE...You will see I am responding to Wes......?.But the original Post was dated 19th Jun 2007??...............;)...........And i was referring to the Laptop...!!

Last edited on Wed Apr 15th, 2009 11:37 pm by big..E.

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 09:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Auto Engineer

Mana: 
big..E. wrote: What are you implying...Auto Engineer......?

I am not implying anything really, I just read your thread and thought you were advising that some testers round your end may have been practicing techniques that should not be used in the scheme, like somebody else was saying about testers doing tests without the vehicle present?

Nothing personnel to you or anyone else on the forum:)

Auto Engineer:)

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 09:33 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
What are you implying...Auto Engineer......?

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 05:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Auto Engineer

Mana: 
big..E. wrote: Apparantly so Wes...Heard of a few Round my neck of the woods....U gotta be careful...Pass & Advise....CYA..!!...

Don't think that will cut it big..E.

Sorry Mr VE I have registered the vehicle by mistake, but it's on it's way sir honest. VE where is it, NT, just passed junction x on M1, VE how long do you expect to wait before it arrrives given we are in Scotland?

NT:(

VOSA:X

MOT Scheme:)much better off:)without dodgy testers:)

Auto Engineer:cool:

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 12:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
big..E.
Trade Member

Mana: 
Apparantly so Wes...Heard of a few Round my neck of the woods....U gotta be careful...Pass & Advise....CYA..!!...

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 12:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
avocco wrote: I've heard about one or two MOT stations getting closed because of the following. VOSA are parking outside a garages, and using there laptops are able to see when a test has ended or begun. Using this procedure, when a test is finished they then pull over the vehicle has it leaves your station and inspect it.

Considering it has just left your MOT station there are no excuses for a bulb not working etc. Also if there waiting outside and see that you've just logged a car and none has entered the garage, they can then stroll in and ask to see the car in question, one of the garages nearby I believe was closed because of this, to save time they got the registration number and chassis number over the phone has the vehicle was on its way, VOSA walked in with the laptop and no car to be seen.

Remember if your building a new MOT station, get a underground exit tunnel built for your customers, wont ever have to worry again.  :dude:

well if they logged a test with details given on the phone & the vehicle wasn't even on site then they deserve to be dealt with by the powers that be :shock:
that is exactly what vosa are trying to enforce by sitting in a car round the corner with a laptop .

Posted: Wed Apr 15th, 2009 12:06 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Wesley
Trade Member

Mana: 
Is This Actually Real?:?:?:?:?:?

Last edited on Wed Apr 15th, 2009 12:07 am by Wesley

Posted: Sun Jul 8th, 2007 11:17 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
nicknak
Trade Member

Mana: 
Dont have to bother with any of that just do it right.

Posted: Tue Jun 19th, 2007 09:24 pm
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
avocco

Mana: 
I've heard about one or two MOT stations getting closed because of the following. VOSA are parking outside a garages, and using there laptops are able to see when a test has ended or begun. Using this procedure, when a test is finished they then pull over the vehicle has it leaves your station and inspect it.

Considering it has just left your MOT station there are no excuses for a bulb not working etc. Also if there waiting outside and see that you've just logged a car and none has entered the garage, they can then stroll in and ask to see the car in question, one of the garages nearby I believe was closed because of this, to save time they got the registration number and chassis number over the phone has the vehicle was on its way, VOSA walked in with the laptop and no car to be seen.

Remember if your building a new MOT station, get a underground exit tunnel built for your customers, wont ever have to worry again.  :dude:

Current time is 07:49 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Discipline and Compliance - Report problems (or solutions) here | MOT Forum > Watch out for the VOSA automobile Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems