class five light?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Jun 30th, 2007 08:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mottyk

Mana: 
Oh ye of little faith ! !

So I was a few kilos and a month out, but we are all friends here.

Can’t expect a lowly ve or the even lower secretary of state, not to mention vosa, to have any prior knowledge of major policy change.

Talk to anyone that is employed by a major institution or multi national company, it’s not the management or even the C.E.O. & directors who make the decisions it’s the IT dept. They change it because it suits them or it looks funkier / prettier, whatever and the poor sods like us have to work around the alterations. We will continually have amend and change working practices in our careers in order to put food on the table at home.

As I have stated before this is just the beginning, wait till the contract comes up for renewal, and SBS are ousted in favour of another company, IBM or the like, and we go all the way back to square one and start with a totally alien database.

IT companies and developers are such sad anoraks but we will have to endure them as PC's are cheaper than people.

As a footnote my original info on these changes, 2007 seminars, was given by a representative from SBS ! !

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sat Jun 23rd, 2007 04:18 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
clayhead

Mana: 
so as long as my equiptment can take the vehicle i.e is under 4000kg for my ramp then i can test the transits and ldv,s that i have to refuse at the moment:). it tickles me that on the same day i have to refuse to test a transit minibus that i know is around 2500kg unladen i tested a h2 hummer which was a fraction under 4000kg when i weighed it in my rbt:?

thanks for the response , i had this conversation with my ve on wednesday while he was watching another tester do his 5l demo and he knew nothing about this new weight increase and neither did the area office?

Last edited on Sat Jun 23rd, 2007 04:21 pm by clayhead

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 10:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mottyk

Mana: 
there are quite a few out there over 3500 I have refused many mainly transits 3650 & 3800 if they are over 3500 plate wt they are a 5 & not 5L and are tested at a gvts. however from august 07 this 5L plate weight is to be increased to 6000 dgw. ( info 2007 seminars )    

vosa opinion is that the class VII dgw will remain, as they can be loaded or unloaded at time of test and may exceed equipnent limits under some conditions of loading, where a 5L wont be full of people while testing. this increased wt should capture almost all the transit type mini bus that are not psv vehicles, so owners will no longer present at gvts for tests. 

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 07:35 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
clayhead

Mana: 
ive just got authorised for five light and it appears that its a total waste of time as every 17 seater ive seen so far although based on 3500kg twin wheel  van is plated at over 3500dgw:X. now on my demo test i used a transit which weighed 2650kg on my rollers and once the test was completed the vts asks for the vehicle weight to work out the effiency unlike class seven which works the efficiency on the dgw not the actual vehicle weight.it looks to me that 5 light is a myth as i cant think of a vehicle over 12 seats tha wont be plated at over 3500kg dgw:(

Current time is 03:13 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > class five light? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems