New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Apply to be a new test station  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 30th, 2014 09:36 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
chris@motortech

Mana: 
Right got written approval from the Council at the cost of £60 I might add :?.

So have been busy all this month doing the layout plan, and the site plan while reading the requirements common to all classes and requirements for a class 4 bay.

Posted the vt01 off Yesterday 1st class so should land on a desk today or tomorrow if royal mail don't loose it.

What do you guys think is a realistic response time from VOSA, either a good or bad one?

The keys can be had from 1st of April so we'd like a yes before then so we can get fitting the bay on the 1st.

Thanks

Chris

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Fri Dec 20th, 2013 07:55 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
chris@motortech

Mana: 
Thank you Stealth for your reply.

I read over the documents again this morning and decided the first step in all this is to get approval from the owner of the units and also the council. As both will need to be submitted with the VT01 and also if either of the answers come back as a 'No' then that will put a stop to the plan on the current Industrial estate and we will have to rethink the whole plan.

As moving off the site (currently on the same site) will be a great cost and a major head ache.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited on Fri Dec 20th, 2013 07:57 pm by chris@motortech

Posted: Fri Dec 20th, 2013 05:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Hi chris & welcome to the forum.

In answer to your first question:

Read the application form and guidance notes carefully before completing the relevant sections. The pitfalls in the application can be avoided. If in doubt give your local VOSA office a phone call.

Regards the roller brake tester, theres no reason to stop you fitting Class 4/7 rollers even if you are just going for Class 4 - the rollers are suitable for both/either class.

Here is a link which will give you some guidance on acceptable roller brake test equipment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236537/section-a-roller-brake-testers.pdf

Posted: Thu Dec 19th, 2013 08:14 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
chris@motortech

Mana: 
Evening guys,

I have a couple of questions if thats ok, hope Im posting in the right section also.

Currently we have out grown our unit and are seriously looking to move into a new unit and add an MOT bay. I am currently an NT myself.

New equipment is not an option. We already have a bradbury 4 Post MOT lift anyway and we have a SUN brake tester and Sun headlamp alignment setup, both MOT spec.

We have collected these as and when we saw bits pop up for sale. A MOT lane has always been a long term goal for the business.

OK so,

1) As we have our own equipment we will have to fill out the paper work ourselves, I have studied the papers on the .gov site and downloaded the forms. Anyone got any advice on filling them out? Any pitfalls?

2) The Sun RBT we have is a class 4 & 7 one. We will only have space for a class 4 bay and out 4 poster is 3.0T anyway. Can this RBT still be used.

Any help would be fantastic,

Chris

Current time is 03:15 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum - Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > Apply to be a new test station Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems