Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2014 09:25 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote:
Am I right in thinking/remembering that if you are unfortunate enough to miss corrosion on 2 prescribed areas that you are awarded points for both areas?

If there was only one area of corrosion which fell into two prescribed areas as I described earlier then it would not be double counted kit. Points for one defect only.

Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2014 08:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Am I right in thinking/remembering that if you are unfortunate enough to miss corrosion on 2 prescribed areas that you are awarded points for both areas?

Posted: Wed Feb 12th, 2014 07:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
Talking to the helpdesk today about the subject was like pulling teeth kev.

Not a great deal of help and obviously working from a script. :(

I need to get hold of a trainer but Martin has retired now.

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 09:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
kev1975
Trade Member

Mana: 
if it came into the area of seat belts & suspension I would opt for either failing it as both or failing it as suspension , if it only failed on seat belts the owner may well take the rear seats out expecting a pass ( then no doubt end up getting irate when it failed the retest on something it hadn't originally failed on ), this is not an option for them when it's failed as suspension .

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 05:50 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
billyloadsamud

Mana: 
For example, if the corrosion was 15cm away from the seat belt mounting but 25cm from the suspension mounting then select just the seat belt prescribed area for failure.

I have been told more than once to do as below:-
To list it as many times as the hole came into a prescribed area, ie 2 or 3 times if necessary.

VOSA clarification needed here, PLEASE

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 12:40 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Favell
Trade Member

Mana: 
kit1958 wrote:
Stealth wrote:

If the corrosion fell within two seperate prescribed areas, for instance a holed rear sill or wheel arch which was within 30cm of a lower rear seat belt mounting AND a rear suspension mounting point, it should only be recorded once using whichever component mounting is closest to the corrosion.

For example, if the corrosion was 15cm away from the seat belt mounting but 25cm from the suspension mounting then select just the seat belt prescribed area for failure.

;)

Im sure that I was told to record that example as 2 items, but I have never seen the point. Recording once makes more sense, if I remember I will bring it up on my refresher in April.

On a refresher course I was told to list it as many times as the hole came into a prescribed area, ie 2 or 3 times if necessary.
On an MOT forum night this same subject was brought up and we were told to do it just the once. That is how I have been doing it since.

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 09:12 am
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
kit1958
Trade Member

Mana: 
Stealth wrote:

If the corrosion fell within two seperate prescribed areas, for instance a holed rear sill or wheel arch which was within 30cm of a lower rear seat belt mounting AND a rear suspension mounting point, it should only be recorded once using whichever component mounting is closest to the corrosion.

;)

Im sure that I was told to record that example as 2 items, but I have never seen the point. Recording once makes more sense, if I remember I will bring it up on my refresher in April.

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 08:25 am
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Stealth
Super Moderator

Mana: 
2 seperate RFR for the front links, as they are two seperate components.

Corrosion within 30cm of a prescribed area would be one defect even if there was more than one hole. You can add an advisory that there is more than one hole.

;)

Posted: Tue Feb 11th, 2014 07:03 am
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
afiafi1

Mana: 
if you had both front links are we aloud to wright x2 front instead of two separate rfr.
was told by my ve if more than one corrsion in a certain arae we can wright x2 /x3

Current time is 12:04 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Regulations - Need clarification? try here | MOT Forum > rfr x2 Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems