board_home 

Visit the
UK MOT Testing
Industry Portal

MOT Sales

Moderated by: Stealth, MOTman, KevG, bimmer Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
mot ct tests today  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Jan 14th, 2016 02:08 am
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
ok thanks for the info will give it a try do you advise on engine and undercover because some you can not see a lot.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2016 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
it seems that if you type in more than about 4 manual items in a row or more than about thirty letters it has a hissy fit.if you go out,click on any fail item then go back it generally accepts it no problem but as workrounds go its pretty s**te.you still end up typing the same thing twice and wasting time.think its a very basic attempt at stopping advisories,its pretty clear from the way they've modified the advise lists that their trying to stop us issuing them:X

Posted: Wed Jan 13th, 2016 02:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
well my I say its been working ok for a bit now but still need a lot of work keep getting red boxes don't know y so let hope 2016 is the year we all love with no real problems

Posted: Thu Oct 29th, 2015 06:21 pm
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
lucky enuff it came back to life long enough for me to get the c/t tests on the system before we shut,dont wanna think about trying to wedge em in today

Posted: Wed Oct 28th, 2015 09:08 pm
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
well the system been ok for a bit now till today when it just went blank page did the normal then on phone for 20min got ct code so back to pen and paper I was trying to retest a car he needs to tax so gave hime the ct pass paper but I don't think he can tax it today so will go in early tomorrow to try and put it on system ps I don't get paid overtime .so I wish the system was as good as the old one :(

Posted: Wed Oct 7th, 2015 10:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
well I do think the system is working ok now it does need more bits adding but im sure they will come with time but I do think I use more paper now then the old system so I thought it was made so we use less not more :?

Posted: Sat Sep 12th, 2015 08:47 pm
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
well what can I say the system worked for 3 days in a row but been told they are doing mantance in the next few days so I thinks me system will turn to bad days again more cts never mind I got a week off soon that will keep me going.

Posted: Thu Sep 3rd, 2015 01:43 pm
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
well I have been very patient with the system but today its dead will not do a thing can not log on just white page I used my phone to try and log on but the same so it the lovely system so back to pens again when will this nightmare ever end .:X

Posted: Fri Aug 28th, 2015 09:56 pm
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
yes I think your are right the old system did go down for a few days and making et test was a lot harder because you had to phone em and wait a very long time for et code . I have now to test day by day on paper or computer witch ever :dude:

Posted: Fri Aug 28th, 2015 01:54 am
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
DB9

Mana: 
Tom :)

Your getting highly stressed mate:)

Relax it's just DVSA getting their new system sorted, I am sure we had similar problems when Siemens was starting out with COMP I.

DVSA have advised that contingency testing will be with us now until about August 31st 2015:D

All I do now is check my email first thing in the morning, log the CT code and try to register my first vehicle, if the system is slow, like you say and does not operate as normal, I just shut it down and carry on using CT mode.

Issue a CT document and try to register the next vehicle, if it don't work, shut it down and carry on CT testing.

I must admit though that my understanding of CT back up is much more straight forward than the previous ET testing of COMP I, and as I get more familiar with the new COMP II system I am getting quit quick at working my way through the system, with the odd error code now and again, but overall when it works it is quick and easy to navigate round.

It's not all bad. :)

Posted: Thu Aug 27th, 2015 08:54 pm
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
there at it again
The MOT testing service will be unavailable from 9pm on Thursday 27 August 2015.
they need a total new set up not this load of rubbish

Posted: Thu Aug 27th, 2015 08:26 pm
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
same again today the tried to put ct tests on dam system got a slow turing circle sat there waiting for 4 mins and yes got we got a error code the paper work ive got to put on system will take till next year I think they should give us all free slots every time we can not use it they mite then got the software fixed .:X

Posted: Thu Aug 27th, 2015 08:05 am
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
The 'MOT MELTDOWN' was last week...what we got this week 'EPIC MOT MELTDOWN'?

Posted: Thu Aug 27th, 2015 07:41 am
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Thursday 27th 3.30am
BETA This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.
MOT testing service
Service unavailable
Due to planned maintenance the MOT testing service is currently unavailable.

Please try again later.
----------------------
I have received no notification email about maintenance.
Came in to straiten things out at my garage; enter up contingency tests on comp2 and enter them onto on my own garage system.
AND cannot do either...

Comp 2 slammed as ‘unfit for purpose’
LAST WEEK'S MOT MELTDOWN caused widespread chaos for garages using the new MOT testing service

http://garagewire.co.uk/news/mot-comp-2-slammed-as-unfit-for-purpose/

Last edited on Thu Aug 27th, 2015 07:45 am by Paul S

Posted: Thu Aug 27th, 2015 02:11 am
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
DB9

Mana: 
supertom wrote:

i think new new system should have better people doing it

I wondered why Stealth was taking early retirement:D

Posted: Wed Aug 26th, 2015 08:53 pm
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
supertom
Trade Member

Mana: 
i put one on system today when i went back on to enter results i would not let me enter advisories just got a white page so started again same again so just went to print it sat there for 4 or 5 min and did print out so i hand wrote them on .then the second test could not enter on system so been doing ct tests hope it will let me put on tomorrow because i got a long weekend off i need some brain rest i think new new system should have better people doing it system ever bit of new software does bet bugs but not as many as poor system ..:(

Current time is 11:31 am Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Computerisation Forum - Problem with the computer? try here | MOT Forum > mot ct tests today Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems