diagnostic scanner  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Apr 24th, 2018 08:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
had a few 206s with the same,generally an injectors gone but hey,the wirings always been s**te on em.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mon Apr 23rd, 2018 08:52 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
CastrolRob, brought this today

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/US-PRO-Tools-Automotive-Cable-Tracker-Short-And-Open-Finder-NEW-6625/252959624878?epid=22008675314&hash=item3ae5918eae:g:WxwAAOSwXshWp7RY
At £23.86 hope it saves me time...got a MISIFRE,WIRING TO INJECTORS on a 206 yr 2001. havin got the above & checked you dont have to spike the wires...just crocodile clips that go over them & owner suspects its the injector wiring harness. Time will tell

Posted: Wed Apr 18th, 2018 08:35 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
in fairness this was a couple of years back and all I needed was summat for the bt jobs,you know the ones,friends and family!leccy handbrakes,regens etc.if the firm wants summat more in depth then they can buy it and I couldn't find much else at the time with the level of bi directional functionality that I was looking for,hard to justify 3-4 grand to fill the bosses pockets when I only really needed it for motors I was doing on the way home.the firm only bought what they got thru necessity,no training etc and the diagnostics we actually do are largely what weve had to teach ourselves with zero help from the firm so I still go a helluva lot to learn but touch wood its done all I need it to so far.

Posted: Tue Apr 17th, 2018 07:38 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Obd Rick

Mana: 
That's a really good price Rob. The launch provide pretty decent. I find sometimes the PID lists can be Abit Overkill but that's not exactly the worst grumble to have just takes Abit of searching for certain data sometimes

Hope it works well for you

Rick

Posted: Mon Apr 16th, 2018 10:13 am
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
ended up with the launch pro,the distributers are 2 doors up from us,case,all connecters etc 700quid(he owes me a few favours)

Posted: Sun Apr 15th, 2018 02:58 pm
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Obd Rick

Mana: 
To be fair it seems you have a few "good all-rounders" already. You wont get a decent Snap On unit or Mac Mentor (which is basicly a Bosch KTS, and a fantastic bit of kit when used right) for a grand. So i would be tempted to look into something abit more manufacturer specific. Possibly an up to date LEGAL Vagcom with a Hex-can cable. Or a Mercedes Star another really powerful bit of equipment. If you do want another with wide vehicle coverage tho I would suggest an Auto-com again don't buy the cheap versions I have tried many and they tend to have bits missing and bugs.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Posted: Sun Jan 10th, 2016 06:00 pm
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
im looking at getting a new scanner,the firm currently has an autel,omiscan,and a new launch pro.im hoping to get summat that complements these rather than duplicating their coverage in about the grand range.anyone out there got any recomendations for good and bad,be good to know what to avoid!

Current time is 04:05 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > Equipment Forum – Advice on Parts, Service, Performance etc | MOT Forum > diagnostic scanner Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems