New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Mot failing Co emmisons on fast idle  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Mar 2nd, 2016 09:24 am
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Ant88vRS

Mana: 
Run the car with a fuel additive i.e. RedEx or Millers fuel additive. give the car a good blast down a motorway and make sure the car is warm when you take it for test.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 09:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Paul S

Mana: 
Unfortunately the requirement for MOT is the emissions conform, would advise the following; take your vehicle to another repairer ref the emissions & inform the 2 party that is whoever you paid to check the fault with your emissions of your intentions. If this party (2nd party) are unable to improve on their findings. Then this 3 party repairer has a look...if they are able to sort the problem you may have a comeback on the 2nd party depending how much you paid them.

Posted: Sun Feb 28th, 2016 06:53 am
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Deanwilliams

Mana: 
The garage has done all the repairs for me so far and they have said they not sure why the Co emissions are still high that's why I've posted on a few forums even had a second opinion from another garage and they said exactly the same as the garage that has done the repairs

Last edited on Sun Feb 28th, 2016 06:55 am by Deanwilliams

Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2016 03:46 pm
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Aylesbury Jock

Mana: 
The best thing is to take it to a garage and have them fix it. Now you're going to tell me you can't afford garage prices. Think of how much you've already spent and you're still no further forward. That's why mechanics train for years to learn how to diagnose and repair vehicles.

Posted: Sat Feb 27th, 2016 12:34 pm
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Deanwilliams

Mana: 
Mazda 5 keeps failing mot on high Co emmisons at fast idle told it was the cat so I bought a new one still failed then told it could be the sensors so changed them still no luck then advised to do a diagnosis check and that came up no problems at all then told a service may help so put it through a full service and Co emmisons are fast idle still too high please help I've done everything I've been told to do but had no luck

Current time is 07:22 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pass or Fail? Ask about your car and the MOT | MOT Forum > Mot failing Co emmisons on fast idle Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems