Retesting another testers mot?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 5th, 2017 12:28 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
all youre rqrd to do is test whatever failed,anything that could have been affected by those repairs and advises for repairs/further deterioration in the same way.thats the limit of YOUR liability.your boss on the other hand(or more accurately the station itself)is jointly liable with the original tester for anything that's been missed on the original test in the event of an appeal or similar.about the only exception is if its summat that you shud have obviously spotted just by looking at the repairs etc in which case your supposed to fail it again.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Thu Oct 5th, 2017 10:29 am
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Shawnturner

Mana: 
Hi guys,

I'm new here, this forum was recommended to me by another user I speak to on another forum.

Just noticed a retest booked in for Monday and the initial tester was a floating/temporary tester. I had a quick look on mot history of the vehicle and he has failed it a week ago on a few bits and he has issued quite a few advisories. Looking at the test history it failed on a good bit more in May and after having a chat with my boss he told me the vehicle had been purchased from the auction not long ago.

So if I retest and the repairs I check are ok and I also check the advisories are still pass worthy, in the event of any sort of appeal further down the line is that the end of my involvement? On the off chance the floating tester has missed anything, eg some of the items that the test in May brought to light?

Thanks

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
http://mtaeta.info/thread/3528/retesting-another-testers-mot

advertisement examples

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Current time is 11:29 am  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Trade Category (MOT Trade Discussions) > MOT Annual Assessment | MOT Forum > Retesting another testers mot? Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems