Pre car purchase MOT  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 03:19 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
over here we need proof of first use(normally the logbook will do)to enter it on to our computer system,dont even know if your system is computerised,we need engine size and a few other bits that our system would normally tell us when the reg is entered but as mentioned on a ni car (or any import for that matter)the logbook or similar is normally rqrd,i assume the same would be true over there.the English and ni versions of dvla don't talk to each other and while I know that a mainland mot is accepted over there and vice versa differences exist,government testers/civil service conduct em over there,over here its done by private garages licenced by our transport dept.as a for instance your speedo has to work,we don't test em for function,some emissions tests that we do aint done over there and so on.good luck,let us know how it goes,i shud learn summat if nothing else.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 01:37 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
miller

Mana: 
Thanks castrolrob for the reply. It does look to be very similar in process, Im just looking to get it confirmed. Im waiting on a call back from the DVA on this.

Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 12:05 pm
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
castrolrob
Trade Member

Mana: 
the ni scheme is run by the government.this site(to the best of my knowledge)is mainland uk and the tests/regulations while interchangeable are different.your best bet would be to query this with the ni version of the government testing scheme.i can test an ni vehicle here(with a few difficulties)but I don't know if the reverse is true and I don't think anyone else on this forum will either.

Posted: Wed Dec 6th, 2017 10:34 am
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
miller

Mana: 
Am looking at buying an older car thats been sorn'd since 2013. Can i trailer it straight to my nearest MOT station here in Northern Ireland, and submit for a test, even though its been tested in the past in Nottinghamshire?

Does an address in Mainland UK have to match an address in Northern Ireland for MOT purposes only?

An MOT might be a deal breaker etc...ie a long list or a pass :D

Thanks

Current time is 03:26 pm  
MOT Forum - The MOT Testing Forum for the UK MOT Testing Industry > Public Category (Ask questions about your car and the MOT) > Pre-MOT Checks – What does my car typically fail on? > Pre car purchase MOT Top

UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems